Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mice!

Service

Recommended Posts

So as I said my new gun broke shortly after I got it, the question was strip it and try to fix it myself or I was thinking along the lines of a full tune?

Ultra Stu was right with what he said, the bolt that holds the banjo that supports the probe had come loose, this meant I couldn't get the bolt back to get at the bolts to be able to strip the gun?

I hadn't asked anything on the Agf because I didn't want the old guy I'd bought the gun off feeling bad, but I did ask because I just couldn't get the bolt open, several different suggestions but nothing worked,  and one fella said send it me I'll sort it. 

The guys name is the Logunator, I asked some questions he said to Google him which I did and plenty of threads followed of happy people who had had there guns serviced by him.

He arranged for the rifle to be picked up by courier,  £26 for return postage, gun arrived Monday and was in bits that night.

20200223_192317.jpg.27fa238daba4a6e5d2ca82089f21ae40.jpg

I new the gun had been serviced last year, new seals,  turns out someone had done a really poor job, the bolt was loose, causing damage.

20200223_192334.jpg.0ba8a16dcbe97813ba194affb11784ba.jpg

As well as this a washer had been added instead of properly adjusting the power,  the hammer/power adjuster was loose meaning the gun would likely have stopped working after a few hundred shots. Added to this the gun has to be stripped in a certain way and this hadn't been done right either meaning other damage had been done to the plastic insert where the magazine sits.

If I had managed to strip the gun all I would have done is add some super glue to the loose bolt and put everything back together.

Throughout the week I had msgs saying what was going on and what he was finding,  as well as sending the R10 I also sent my Axsor,  seemed a good idea to save on postage. 

The R10 cost was £65 & £55 for the Axsor,  that's left me very happy, it's not a full JB or ratworks tune but there £200 plus, I might get that done in the future but for now I can use the rifle and see how I get on.

I put 50 pellets through her this afternoon and everything felt smooth and nice, I didn't manage to chrono it though, it wasn't having any of it, kept giving me a BAD reading which might mean I need new batteries?

Now I need the wind to drop and I can do some pellet testing again,  but I might go to an indoor range for a few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats good to hear its all back in one piece .

And i guess he has a few tricks up his sleave  for stripping it with the jammed bolt  ? Need a new chrono mice? .read my new thread .

 

Not sure why some one would add a washer to the hammer adjuster .? 

They turn relativley  freely and ive not had one self adjust yet .

The earlier versions were a bit more prone but the layer ones fitted to your r10 are well designed .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Thats good to hear its all back in one piece .

And i guess he has a few tricks up his sleave  for stripping it with the jammed bolt  ? Need a new chrono mice? .read my new thread .

 

Not sure why some one would add a washer to the hammer adjuster .? 

They turn relativley  freely and ive not had one self adjust yet .

The earlier versions were a bit more prone but the layer ones fitted to your r10 are well designed .

I imagine he does? The chrono says it can be more sensitive with .177 so I'll try the .22 again tomorrow then the R10 again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure off the top of my head, it's in my gun box in the garage, it goes on the barrel so isn't a fancy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mice! said:

So as I said my new gun broke shortly after I got it, the question was strip it and try to fix it myself or I was thinking along the lines of a full tune?

Ultra Stu was right with what he said, the bolt that holds the banjo that supports the probe had come loose, this meant I couldn't get the bolt back to get at the bolts to be able to strip the gun?

I hadn't asked anything on the Agf because I didn't want the old guy I'd bought the gun off feeling bad, but I did ask because I just couldn't get the bolt open, several different suggestions but nothing worked,  and one fella said send it me I'll sort it. 

The guys name is the Logunator, I asked some questions he said to Google him which I did and plenty of threads followed of happy people who had had there guns serviced by him.

He arranged for the rifle to be picked up by courier,  £26 for return postage, gun arrived Monday and was in bits that night.

20200223_192317.jpg.27fa238daba4a6e5d2ca82089f21ae40.jpg

I new the gun had been serviced last year, new seals,  turns out someone had done a really poor job, the bolt was loose, causing damage.

20200223_192334.jpg.0ba8a16dcbe97813ba194affb11784ba.jpg

As well as this a washer had been added instead of properly adjusting the power,  the hammer/power adjuster was loose meaning the gun would likely have stopped working after a few hundred shots. Added to this the gun has to be stripped in a certain way and this hadn't been done right either meaning other damage had been done to the plastic insert where the magazine sits.

If I had managed to strip the gun all I would have done is add some super glue to the loose bolt and put everything back together.

Throughout the week I had msgs saying what was going on and what he was finding,  as well as sending the R10 I also sent my Axsor,  seemed a good idea to save on postage. 

The R10 cost was £65 & £55 for the Axsor,  that's left me very happy, it's not a full JB or ratworks tune but there £200 plus, I might get that done in the future but for now I can use the rifle and see how I get on.

I put 50 pellets through her this afternoon and everything felt smooth and nice, I didn't manage to chrono it though, it wasn't having any of it, kept giving me a BAD reading which might mean I need new batteries?

Now I need the wind to drop and I can do some pellet testing again,  but I might go to an indoor range for a few hours.

What Axsor do you have, I have the Logun Axsor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, B725 said:

What Axsor do you have, I have the Logun Axsor. 

Webley Axsor mate, really early one, I bought it being told it was in mint condition,  then it "might" need the seals doing as it wasn't holding air. Also had water damage as well but otherwise in good nick.

I haven't actually shot the gun yet, hopefully it's as nice as people say, funnily enough when testing he said the Axsor was more consistent than the R10 which has a regulator!!

6 minutes ago, logunator said:

ha!

actually forgot i was a member on here :)

glad i could help 

owt else you need ,you know where i am :)

I do, you might get a few other msgs in the future 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, logunator said:

ha!

actually forgot i was a member on here :)

glad i could help 

owt else you need ,you know where i am :)

So where are you located then .? 

Its always good to know of a good tuner .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im 14 miles north of newcastle,i collect localish or courier in using parcelforce48

serviced in excess of 1000 pcps over the last 9 years,ive done most guns on the market,even some for gun shops but generally do the harder,rarer stuff.

ive a mill/lathe and if i cant then ive mates who will make stuff for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Which chrono do u have ? 

20200223_222440.jpg.a936d846ae58668cb3da9bb53fa8fd00.jpg

Probably 20 years old, but I've never had any trouble with it, but only used it on .22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Combro mk4 .

Same as ive had for years its been very reliable epecially since ive shot it twice .

Yes they need fresh batteries .and struggle with shots much over 900fps .but i had mine and compared to my new one and there was only a 3 fps average difference between the 2 .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mice! said:

20200223_222440.jpg.a936d846ae58668cb3da9bb53fa8fd00.jpg

Probably 20 years old, but I've never had any trouble with it, but only used it on .22

I had one of those for about 4 shots 😂 

Very expensive lesson learned on reading the instructions properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 miles north of Newcastle puts you in same area as Shaun off here.

Is servicing and repairing guns your main job? Or hobby 👍 

Mice friends of mine only ever use a MK4 chombro. 

Edited by figgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Combro mk4 .

Same as ive had for years its been very reliable epecially since ive shot it twice .

Yes they need fresh batteries .and struggle with shots much over 900fps .but i had mine and compared to my new one and there was only a 3 fps average difference between the 2 .

 

Batteries went in new last year, but that could be the case, nice to know there accurate. 

 

2 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I had one of those for about 4 shots 😂 

Very expensive lesson learned on reading the instructions properly. 

Oops 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

They eat those lr44 batteries 

Cheers mate, I'll get some more, hasn't been used in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...