Short video of wasting ammo

This is a old school Colt I bought at a police auction.  I owned it for a few years but took it out for a test run today.  I ran full auto before but this is my first time using a burst trigger group.  I thought I’d share.  I know some on here don’t care for black rifles.  I should have brought some 30rd mags as the 20 rounders run dry quickly.  

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

Had to watch in silence as the missus as sound asleep but your smile at the end said it all 😂

It doesn’t get old. It’s weird shooting burst as you half to keep pulling the trigger.   I’m thinking about switching this one over to 22lr.  I can’t afford to feed it in 223.  I’m actually looking at the parts online now. 

On 25/02/2020 at 16:09, Scully said:

That would be fantastic fun in .22lr format! Unfortunately we in the UK aren't trusted to own such things....psychos you see. 🤪

Isn’t it pathetic?  Folk can post videos on social media about drinking 20 shots of tequila and smashing their head into a window and it is paraded and lauded as being “banter and a laugh”, yet someone smiling shooting a gun is akin to being some genocidal maniac, baby eating dog rapist! 

1 hour ago, scarecrow243 said:

i thought you would have known about the calico it was banned in the usa  because the user manual told you not to remove a small lever as it made the rifle full auto witch some people did hence the ban but i think that the ban got removed a few years later

It's wasn't @NoBodyImportant that replied it was me, I'm in the UK and have only been shooting for about 4 years with the exception of air rifles.

I'd never heard or seen one, wish I had, they look fun

Edited by Newbie to this

sorry its old age not looking before printing  hahahaha,   ps. they were fun to shoot  as you said they took a very long time to load the magazine and empty the rounds you did not shoot before heading home the one i had did have a bracket fitted so you could put a scope on it and use as a carry handle

18 hours ago, grrclark said:

Isn’t it pathetic?  Folk can post videos on social media about drinking 20 shots of tequila and smashing their head into a window and it is paraded and lauded as being “banter and a laugh”, yet someone smiling shooting a gun is akin to being some genocidal maniac, baby eating dog rapist! 

Quite. I can go out and get out of my head on a legally acquired mind altering drug, but because I'm a gun nut people just assume I'm a psychopathic killer. 

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

im going to apply for a lead mining licence on your property..:lol:

We shoot quite a bit there.  The real lead quarry behind my house.  We have been dumping ammo there for years.  I live in a neighborhood but everyone shoot guns so nobody says anything.  One of my neighbors is a professional drag car driver and he test his race cars up and down the road,  and the other neighbor damaged my house when he crashed his helicopter while flying without license.  We have a mutual understanding that we don’t call the police.  First thing we did was put a berm up.  

DC67D1C4-AACB-43BC-BD43-55E0D3CBCBEA.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 27/02/2020 at 21:00, NoBodyImportant said:

We shoot quite a bit there.  The real lead quarry behind my house.  We have been dumping ammo there for years.  I live in a neighborhood but everyone shoot guns so nobody says anything.  One of my neighbors is a professional drag car driver and he test his race cars up and down the road,  and the other neighbor damaged my house when he crashed his helicopter while flying without license.  We have a mutual understanding that we don’t call the police.  First thing we did was put a berm up.  

DC67D1C4-AACB-43BC-BD43-55E0D3CBCBEA.jpeg

I cannot read that paragraph without laughing 😂 you'd think it would be  illegal to have that much fun haha.