Bolt action 12 Gauge

Rav240

6 hours ago, Wharf Rat said:

Mossberg did a bolt action with adjustable choke.  The removable mag makes them section 1.  

If u go for a mossberg make sure it's cheap no matter what condition, I had a mint  459 and almost gave it away, Nobody seems to want one, they are looked upon as a joke gun imho🤡😍

Sounds like you're after a Mossberg 395? I've not seen the later 585/595s in the UK, possibly due to the detachable mag issue around Section 1/2. Don't know if the 385's show up either.

I've seen a few, but not many, floating about. I don't recall seeing one that didn't have the magazine welded in place. I've seen more on GunStar than on GunTrader and it looks as if the one I have is the only one that's ever shown up here, although it did sell here twice. The .410 183 model seems to be more common. You might try Mr Bosher to see if lightning strikes twice.

My experience is somewhat limited - I go out and bash clays with it occasionally but own it mostly as its interesting and pretty. Its small, and swapping to it from a semi auto makes it feel like a child's toy. For me the comb is a little low. As its light and small, punchy loads...punch a little. It has the C-lect choke - same as on the 500/600 pumps which works well enough. The sights give it away for what I assume is more of a hunting design - the front bead is paired with a rear "U" which can be weird when going from a rib and front bead. Mine had a burr which made cycling more than one shot more or less impossible but having sorted it the action is easy and smooth with a little Frog Lube. Loading requires you to feed two in and cover the brass with the bolt, before loading in to the chamber but its something that comes natural after a few goes. Cleaning is simple enough and I don't find the welded mag to get in the way of anything.

The biggest problem I've found is that you can't get parts in the UK - there's a US company that make everything you might need but won't ship due to ITAR. I need a safety bar but can't get one as it counts as a firearm part for import/export purposes.

The best bit about it is racking the bolt and having the spent cartridge go flying, regardless of if you hit anything.

dont get one as above the magazine has to be welded on so the gun is section 2 this causes problems loading the magazine sharp edges etc also the marlin goose gun is very long finding a gun cover to fit it will be very hard i had to take the gun apart and carry a screw driver to put it together the marlin has a rear sight and front bead that need to be in line each shot or you will miss a lot more