12g Inverted Card Cup tooling dimensions

Hi bud cheers for that, been using/ loading Mr deakin 's   "bottle top seal "  through my 8,s for some time, and he told me about the Winchester set up ,didn't know about the spacer wad though ? Knew they were a good cartridge from past use , but to tight to cut one up !

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Salopian said:

Farrier,

Is the bottle top card shown the correct way up ? I thought it was placed open end in first ontop of an over powder card to open out intro the bore to give a gas seal???

yes 

you thought wrong 

Have you actually gone through the thread step by step? 
Probably best for you not to use this system 

Yes I have followed the thread and if you look back the bottle top wad is shown fitted the other way up , also someone commented you had fitted it upside down back a few posts . So what is the right way up please ? Proper illustrarion would be good and also dimensions for making a tool as promised earlier.

49 minutes ago, Salopian said:

Yes I have followed the thread and if you look back the bottle top wad is shown fitted the other way up , also someone commented you had fitted it upside down back a few posts . So what is the right way up please ? Proper illustrarion would be good and also dimensions for making a tool as promised earlier.

I don’t recall promising anything? I respectfully suggest you speak to mr Deakin for the dimensions and the full instructions for the use of his design 

farrier !!!!!!!!

If you don’t have GD cup card kit but can make a Cup card former your challenge is seating the wad on the powder. You can do this using a brass magtech case in 16 bore. It just sits inside a 12 bore case. A coach bolt with a 28 bore base will form the plunger. I will refine this with a spring and shorter bolt but this first pass does the job.

B15E17B0-8931-403D-BBAF-5439A541CA31.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

If you don’t have GD cup card kit but can make a Cup card former your challenge is seating the wad on the powder. You can do this using a brass magtech case in 16 bore. It just sits inside a 12 bore case. A coach bolt with a 28 bore base will form the plunger. I will refine this with a spring and shorter bolt but this first pass does the job.

B15E17B0-8931-403D-BBAF-5439A541CA31.jpeg

Try a couple of nuts inside of the case with a washer between them + maybe a leather one 

or drill a 16 bore wad to keep it central 

3 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Try a couple of nuts inside of the case with a washer between them + maybe a leather one 

or drill a 16 bore wad to keep it central 

Will do was just using what I had to hand in the workshop today. A shorter bolt and spring will make a big difference and a leather washer is a good call. Thanks