KIT

deny essex

The  bad reports of both weather and lack pigeon in my part of Essex has had me pulling all my pigeon decoy kit out of a cupboard ( with jammed in difficulty) over the winter to try and lighten the carry load, the older I get the more difficult at 71 it gets to walk the sticky Essex clay soil. 

Boy no wonder it was jammed in the cupboard , I didnt count but must have over 80 plus varied decoys with pegs, plus 3 remote battery flappers, 4 rotaries ,6 nets,1 set of net pole's and a set of breakdown hide poles, varied bags and rucksacks, peckers, floaters and several seats with cushions for that little bit of comfort and much more in the ancillary fashion, some of it modified, 4 batteries, plus  clothing and boots taking up another wardrobe .

Not that I carry or take all to the chosen hide spot or even take in the motor, much of my permissions being walk only.

Am I alone in being a pigeon decoy er hoarder ???? 😏

Trouble is we used to go at up to three game fairs each year and I would normally get tempted if anything seemed a good buy , I would buy a different shade of the light weight nets , why ? , I don't know as any one of my nets would have done the trick as it doesn't matter what the shade is , then they might have had a pack of ten flock decoys going on offer , so a pack of these would had been stowed in the motor , this was also the case with a pack of four hide poles , mine were alright but I told myself they won't come amiss , then if any P W member have got a few bits for sale and is fairly local them after a P M we normally arrange a time and some folded money is exchanged for yet more stock , do I really need it ? , of course I do as there is still a bit of daylight in the corner of my garage .:hmm:

Twice a year I go to our local sporting auction and I would quite happy to just sit there and see what the different things make , but I can't do that , I have got that card with a number on and if I think something is going cheap then my arm go up even if I don't need it , cartridges I set a price in my head , normally £40 for clay shells and £45 for Pigeons and game ( 250 ) , once they get to a bid in front of my limit up goes my arm , half the time I am hopping someone else is going to put a bid on after mine , sometimes they do and then sometimes they don't , so out come my card and another load go in the motor that I don't normally need , but to be honest , I have always been like that and I can't see me changing in the time that I have borrowed :lol: 

My wife has confirmed that I have an addiction, anything Camo!!!

My Greek holidays are spent making long nets , purse nets, camo nets much to the amusement of the locals viewing me on the balcony. 

The local shop producing canvas balcony covers has made some shooting clobber, he speaks no English so I make a drawing and usually a paper model . I show him the result off pigeon watch on his laptop. 

The Flea markets in Athens know me and suggest various bits of kit from various military units across Europe.