A day out LOL

Bigbob

I work at a uni in security and a couple of lads tried to steal a bike but we caught them on cctv and i used our L200 to block there car in it turned out it was a blue fiesta but the plates on it referred to a volvo and the expired  tax disc referred to another fiesta so the police grabbed it as a pool car and the lads vanished into the night .

Anyway 14 months later the police turn up at work and serve me a citation as a witness on a sunday night lol  must of been a quiet night in edinburgh  , i ask whats this about and they cant tell me there only there to serve the papers and ask me who the guy is and where is he and seem a bit put off when i don't know . As  i get involved in something every week after i phone the procurator fiscals office they enlighten me its a stolen bike on such and such and i trawl  threw the comp till i can print out the report 

So i was summoned to appear today at 09.45 so i phoned last night 16.00 hrs and yes its going ahead , turn up for the 08.30 train to Edinburgh and its cancelled  so got the next one 09.11 a ten minute walk to court wait in the queue to be searched and go threw the scanners over a hour late i get to the witness room the lady stamps my form and never says a word , a hour later a guy comes up to me and explains what could happen there's 7 courts but we call 20 cases  so hopefully most of the courts will be used after plea bargaining etc sorts them out you could sit here till close of play at 16.00hrs but we stop for lunch from 12.00 hrs till 13.00hrs . I sit another hour till after 11.00pm and my name gets called guys pleaded guilty so you can go home but go to the 6th floor get your expenses and a meal allowance LOL  

A total waste of time but ive got to hand it to the police they must of got the two guys with forensic evidence as i never saw them .Them people who waste the courts time and make everybody turn up then plead guilty should get a stiffer sentence  for wasting the court and witnesses time 

A lot of times the accused will wait to see if the witnesses turn up to give evidence against them. If the witnesses don't show, more likely to get off with it so pleads not guilty.

If witnesses do turn up, the accused might be inclined to plead guilty and get a lesser sentence for doing so, as they know there's a better chance of a conviction with the witnesses supporting the prosecution.

But yeah an awful lot of time and money is wasted at the courts

On 26/02/2020 at 08:10, McSpredder said:

I did once try to quote that, but the three letter word for donkey was filtered out and replaced by "***".   Presumably PW wanted to be PC.

You should try " The law is a hass"

Edited by amateur