Organic Barbados Blackbelly lamb boxes

Teal

Hi All! I last sold some of these lamb boxes through PW in January, and it went so well that I'm offering a few again. They are from our flock of Organic Barbados Blackbelly sheep, the Wiltshire horns we also have being a larger sheep were sold in the previous two batches as they reached their weight quicker.

A half lamb box weighs around 6kg so it works out around £12/kg. Unfortunately this time we don't have any cull ewes so no dice or sausages, cut spec below.

They will be packed with icepacks and wool insulation, and I can courier them to your door. The cost is £75 for a half lamb and £145 for a whole lamb including delivery on Thurs 5th March. If you live locally (Trowbridge, Wilts) you are welcome to pick the lamb box up, see the farm, and save on parcelforce fee.

These lambs are Soil Association certified Organic and are grass fed, although at the moment with my fields flooded they are in the barn eating hay and some organic sheep nuts. Any questions please ask - thanks!

They are vacuum packed into following cuts:

Half shoulders on bone
Whole legs on bone
Loin Chops (done as Barnsley chops)
Rack french trim
Breast - mince

A couple of photos from earlier before everything turned to mud and puddles!

1222.jpg

1444.jpg

13333.jpg

4 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Ive got a large freezer full of Mutton but thats a good looking sheep in the last picture, ewe or ram ?

Thanks @JTaylor91!

@islandgun he's one of our breeding rams. The rams grow a magnificent mane in the winter, they are a hair sheep and so they shed their wool in the spring. The middle photo showing the rams has them in summer plumage with shorter mane and a hair coat (more like goats), whereas in the winter it becomes more woolly.