A few photos of fishing in Slovenia

Walker570

Teal asked me about this venue so here are a few more photos of my visits.

The first shows a grayling jumping. This one was around 2lb and they are handsom fish.  The last but two picture is the last pool I fished on that day on a stream no more than 10ft wide betwen pools. The guide had kept count and said that was the 116th I had hooked that day.   As they say, a place to fish before you die. The last but one picture was served as dessert one lunch time.  Fabulous country and fabulous people.  There is also some exciting roe stalking there too.

Cheap flights ..easyjet direct from Stansted.

P1010130.JPG

P1010192 (2).JPG

P1010627.JPG

P1010091.JPG

P1010057.JPG

P1010608.JPG

P1010136.JPG

P1010656.JPG

The vast majority of the fish caught are wild bred but the Government Agency do introduce some rainbows.  Rok did say the majority of the rainbows I caught where wild bred.

There are some superb grayling and slightly different from those I have caught in the UK. Firstly they have a desire to jump when hooked, rarely had that happen in the UK and secondly they had a light golden yellow colour to them.

7 hours ago, kevin55 said:

Very nice

Where in Slovenia was this? I've been looking to fish in the west and fly to Trieste.

Snow melt is apparently an issue  in May/June

Thanks for posting

Kevin

I flew into Llubljana from Stansted and avergage return was £60 but I could choose what days I flew.  We stayed in a hotel local to the airport and Rok would collect us from there, so I would say anywhere within an hours drive of the airport at most.  If you are interested then best contact Pok and he would advise the very best rivers to fish at that time.  Never had a problem with snow melt, Rok always put me on to fish. His knowledge of the rivers and local informants is second to non.

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Fantastic photos and thanks for the additional information! Looks a remarkable find, I have a serious need to get saving for 2021!!

Do you know why they stock with rainbows? It seems a shame in some ways.

No , I don't know but it did not make any difference to my enjoyment. To be honest I would not have known the difference.  The water is so clear but what amazed me on my first visiit was that what appeared to me to be a greeny coloured smudge 4ft down in a fast moving river, 15 -20yrds away was identified 100% by Rok ...grayling...rainbow....brown....marble. 

UP !! UP!!! UP!!!! ...you will hear his voice on some of the videos when he actually sees the fish take the weighted nymph 3ft below the surface, before you see the indicator move.

Very exciting !!