Greta Bristol

islandgun

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Dave-G said:

The woke brats must have dozy parents to allow them to travel up close and personal to such a gathering given the huge amount of Chinese students there are in this country.

Traffic flows in Bristol are already a torture due to the bonehead, Buggins turn, job for life, jobsworths in the Council House. As to the Fri protest meeting I predict they will close off roads with no diversion signs other than their favourite which merely states "find alternative route" One of the closures will be Park Street which connects direct with Bristol Uni.

Driving in the vicinity of Bristol University is already very much a danger zone these days due the high volume of Chinese students stepping out into the road despite the traffic. Generally talking in groups, texting, earbuds in so do not hear traffic. When you brake and Look at them they stare at you as if looks could kill. Then, still standing in the road, wave you by. The Uni want to convert the area into a pedestrian zone. This will undoubtedly add to existing traffic problems The boneheads in the Councilhouse will probably agree because on other planning matters eg student Accomodation, when the Uni say jump, the planners ask "how high"?

Worryingly, the sod up to traffic in that area will impact greatly upon emergency services and staff movements to our major hospital the Bristol Royal Infirmary. But hey, what do these kids care as long as they get their day of fame and disruption.

21 minutes ago, countryman said:

This country is all ways a nice soft target for these minorities to come and preach.

Eh?  I usually welcome with open arms Swedish girls. Or Norwegian.  Or Finnish.  If you don't, you're just plain waycist....

Annnyway, I will be trying to finish work early and head out of Bristol, in my diesel pickup, to one of my permissions.  Whereupon I will attempt to give some pigeons and squirrels rapid-onset lead poisoning.  Just a rebel without a cause, me.

55 minutes ago, henry d said:

Perhaps you should self isolate then 🤧

Better safe than sorry, been there for almost three weeks apart from essential shopping, dental/doctor appointments etc, then walk or drive don't catch a bus although I have a bus  pass.

I'll be sure not to get onto a bus with so many people who may have recently travelled - or spent time with anyone else who has recently travelled from China, or possibly had such a passenger earlier.

I'm retired with compromised immune system health issues, so am slightly more at risk of catching/spreading the virus if its about. I'd much rather be way over cautious than risk contacting it and becoming a carrier of it to the rest of my family. 

Its easier for me than most because I rarely actually NEED to go anywhere.

Edited by Dave-G

I work in the centre of Bristol.. And I am taking tomorrow off. Avon and Somerset police are predicting a huge number of followers to show up and be at a level of protestors that is not safe. It will be a complete nightmare for all road users tomorrow and they will choke the city with cars, vans, buses and lorries sat idling waiting for them while they walk the streets chanting flying flags etc. 

Forecast is set for heavy rain all day too 

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Better safe than sorry, been there for almost three weeks apart from essential shopping, dental/doctor appointments etc, then walk or drive don't catch a bus although I have a bus  pass.

I'll be sure not to get onto a bus with so many people who may have recently travelled - or spent time with anyone else who has recently travelled from China, or possibly had such a passenger earlier.

I'm retired with compromised immune system health issues, so am slightly more at risk of catching/spreading the virus if its about. I'd much rather be way over cautious than risk contacting it and becoming a carrier of it to the rest of my family. 

Its easier for me than most because I rarely actually NEED to go anywhere.

God forbid I bump into a retired person with a compromised immune system😷 never know what you might catch🙄