Some Timely PERSONAL ADMIN.

TIGHTCHOKE

Just finished a spell of night shifts, now getting through some personal admin.

1. Anglian Water have been out to measure the flow at delivery and it is down but still meets their contractual requirements following a tree down in the storms that interrupted the supply.

2. I have received an email from Zebra Power requesting I submit my power readings.

Took the readings and submitted them, went in to my account to find I am substantially in credit.

Consequently I have requested a drop in my monthly Direct Debit and the return of most of the credit.

Much better in my account than theirs!

I would have hoped their system would have noticed and contacted me, I also believe in fairies.:rolleyes:

We are with Bulb and they give me the opportunity to raise/lower the payments every month if I am using too much or too little which is a breath of fresh air.

I`m also doing some admin but most of it is work rather than what I REALLY need to do, but at least the washing is drying nicely in the sun and Mrs Hd will be happy

Just now, henry d said:

We are with Bulb and they give me the opportunity to raise/lower the payments every month if I am using too much or too little which is a breath of fresh air.

I`m also doing some admin but most of it is work rather than what I REALLY need to do, but at least the washing is drying nicely in the sun and Mrs Hd will be happy

I put the washing on before I went to bed.

Modern men getting on with life!

1 minute ago, sam triple said:

i never pay up front for anything always wait for them to send the bill ,why should I give them £x amount each month along with everyone else,  as you say "to sit in their accounts "

I wonder how much they make in interest alone from peoples monthly direct debits

From now on I hope they make very little from me!:w00t:

17 minutes ago, sam triple said:

i never pay up front for anything always wait for them to send the bill ,why should I give them £x amount each month along with everyone else,  as you say "to sit in their accounts "

I wonder how much they make in interest alone from peoples monthly direct debits

Some companies give a discount for paying by dd, swings and roundabouts init... 😉

I pay a fixed monthly amount.  When it is about right I enter the winter in credit, pass through 'balance' probably in January into debit, then from about mid - late April onwards the debit starts to come down again when the heating is turned off.

The actual variation is in the gas used for heating (I pay gas and electricity together).  Electricity averages about 10-11 KWhrs a day (£1.50 ish) and doesn't vary much through the seasons, but gas is as low as 5 KWhr in the summer (15p) , and probably nudging towards 200 KWhr a day (£6) on a cold windy winter day when I have visitors (visitors need more heat than I do apparently).

Edited by JohnfromUK

23 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I pay a fixed monthly amount.  When it is about right I enter the winter in credit, pass through 'balance' probably in January into debit, then from about mid - late April onwards the debit starts to come down again when the heating is turned off.

The actual variation is in the gas used for heating (I pay gas and electricity together).  Electricity averages about 10-11 KWhrs a day (£1.50 ish) and doesn't vary much through the seasons, but gas is as low as 5 KWhr in the summer (15p) , and probably nudging towards 200 KWhr a day (£6) on a cold windy winter day when I have visitors (visitors need more heat than I do apparently).

Oh I used to do it that way, but when you get to at least double of the amount you pay for both fuels in credit at this time of year I would rather have the money back in my account.

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh I used to do it that way, but when you get to at least double of the amount you pay for both fuels in credit at this time of year I would rather have the money back in my account.

The issue for me is that the gas varies so greatly according to the weather.  Although it hasn't happened to date, I can see gas could cost over £150, maybe even £200 in a winter month with hard weather, but virtually nothing (under £10) in the summer, - so it does help me to have a fixed 'average' payment to make.  Currently (mid February) I have a small debit balance with them - which is fine as we are well through winter, although so far it has been a relatively mild winter.

i went to the co-op in acle yesterday morning.........the car park was empty...........got out of the car and swore as the wind blew some damn litter up to my legs.........i bent downb to pick it up and put it in the bin ....when i suddenly realised it was 2 £20 notes..:yahoo:

had a look around to see if anyone had lost/dropped them.....no-body there or near the cash machine..........

had a look around the car park to see if there was anymore litter.....nope...:sad1:

jobs a gooden

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

i went to the co-op in acle yesterday morning.........the car park was empty...........got out of the car and swore as the wind blew some damn litter up to my legs.........i bent downb to pick it up and put it in the bin ....when i suddenly realised it was 2 £20 notes..:yahoo:

had a look around to see if anyone had lost/dropped them.....no-body there or near the cash machine..........

had a look around the car park to see if there was anymore litter.....nope...:sad1:

jobs a gooden

Are you buying a lottery ticket this week?

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I am on a fixed tarrif!

My tariff is fixed; it is the amount of gas that I use that varies dramatically - and I pay a fixed 3.xyz pence per KWhr.  I only put xyz because I can't remember those figures without looking up!  In cold weather, the boiler working hard can (in theory) eat its way through 42 KWhrs per hour, so it gets expensive quickly.  In practice it cuts back automatically once things warm up a bit and radiators begin to shut down.

7 minutes ago, ditchman said:

had a look around the car park to see if there was anymore litter.....nope...

jobs a gooden

6 minutes ago, amateur said:

Are you buying a lottery ticket this week?

4 minutes ago, figgy said:

Hope you bought steaks and a couple of bottles of red to go with it.

A nice bunch of lowers for Mrs Ditchy.

Jammy ***!

14 minutes ago, figgy said:

Hope you bought steaks and a couple of bottles of red to go with it.

A nice bunch of lowers for Mrs Ditchy.

she aint got enuff teef to chew a steak...and she drinks wine like corona............she gets flowers every week anyway....so i will treat her to a macaroni cheese

i know how to treat a gal

anyway it has compensated me for the new mower blade

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

she aint got enuff teef to chew a steak...and she drinks wine like corona............she gets flowers every week anyway....so i will treat her to a macaroni cheese

i know how to treat a gal

anyway it has compensated me for the new mower blade

So do YOU!:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, henry d said:

We are finding them a nightmare atm, we are supposedly £1,000 in credit yet they keep saying the reading is wrong, despite us sending the right reading over numerous times. 

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

had a look around the car park to see if there was anymore litter.....nope...

jobs a gooden

Ah thanks, wondered where I had dropped them? 
must have happened when I was leaving some stuff at the sale rooms then to the Co-op 🙂