Do you load your own ammo question on request for extra info form

yeet

Hello all,

I was just helping a friend fill in a FAC and SGC grant and in somerset they ask you fill in a form 646 (where you are going to shoot and who's land it is), there is a question that states "Do you load your own ammunition?" and when I filled this out several years ago I put no as I did but now do, is it a legal requirement to inform police that you load your own ammo, (the ammo I load is only for me and in a calibre I can legally own.)

16 minutes ago, yeet said:

it a legal requirement to inform police that you load your own ammo

No, although they may ask you to keep a book on what you've made ect. 

They want to know that you are using the gun/calibre, if you aren't buying factory ammo from a shop ect, where there would be a record, they would want some indication of number of rounds made, it's a bit of a grey area, as you, technically could write anything down. 

I did ask one bullet supplier to write them on my ticket, they refused, saying it could set a precedent. 

There is absolutely no requirement to keep a record of what you have reloaded. Don't get tricked into keeping a record, besides what purpose would it serve? you could write a load of old cobblers and they would never know.

Why should the fact that I shoot 50, 500, or 5000 rounds a year make me a safer person to own a firearm?

Why should it matter if I am only able go stalking/ foxing or what ever now and again? that I retired last year and am in process of moving house? Or that I have a new job and all bets are off till I get this contract sorted? 

Your suitability as an owner hasn't changed because life has got in the way? As it does

On 05/03/2020 at 21:02, Vince Green said:

There is absolutely no requirement to keep a record of what you have reloaded. Don't get tricked into keeping a record, besides what purpose would it serve? you could write a load of old cobblers and they would never know.

Why should the fact that I shoot 50, 500, or 5000 rounds a year make me a safer person to own a firearm?

Why should it matter if I am only able go stalking/ foxing or what ever now and again? that I retired last year and am in process of moving house? Or that I have a new job and all bets are off till I get this contract sorted? 

Your suitability as an owner hasn't changed because life has got in the way? As it does

Is the correct answer in a nut shell.

Unfortunately, some have decided that they will ignore the HOG and  go off piste expanding their knowledge where ever they can.

Why rock the boat?

you should keep your load data somewhere a record of the loads you have worked up a few cards used for zeroing how many loads out of a drum of powder performance from different weight heads etc 

im sure you can dazzle them with science and then everyone is happy 

I understand it’s not the law but sometimes is easy to go with the flow 

On 07/03/2020 at 12:29, Old farrier said:

Why rock the boat?

you should keep your load data somewhere a record of the loads you have worked up a few cards used for zeroing how many loads out of a drum of powder performance from different weight heads etc 

im sure you can dazzle them with science and then everyone is happy 

I understand it’s not the law but sometimes is easy to go with the flow 

The reason is because five years down the line what starts as a voluntary bit of "going with the flow" evolves into a mandatory requirement

21 hours ago, Imperfection said:

What licencing authority are you under? I completed the renewal form few weeks back to renew my FAC & SGC and nothing was asked on Cambridgeshire Police website.

Unless something has changed in the last few days or hours you are under no obligation to notify them or record your homeloads. 

It was for Somerset