lancer425

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Good point 👍and 

762A37DE-DDD7-425C-809F-B5328B6557AF.png

Drink enough water it will kill you, drink not enough it will kill you, everything is DANGEROUS> If you look hard enough you could find fault in every food every shot type and every fuel. its all a case of picking the least Dangerous bismuth is safer than lead in the bigger scheme of things.

2 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

but you keep saying lead has to go because it's toxic??,if that's the case why would you use copper?

Because its non Lead. that’s what the law is interested in. i am not a Environmentalist, i just obey rules.

1 minute ago, lancer425 said:

Drink enough water it will kill you, drink not enough it will kill you, everything is DANGEROUS> If you look hard enough you could find fault in every food every shot type and every fuel. its all a case of picking the least Dangerous bismuth is safer than lead in the bigger scheme of things.

I’m sure it all is 

however there’s no point in expanding energy creating a cartridge that could be banned in 5 years because it’s toxic 

hence my efforts will be going on the steel shot route 

3 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Because its non Lead. that’s what the law is interested in. i am not a Environmentalist, i just obey rules.

then why do you keep preaching that lead has to go because it's toxic?,lead is either toxic or it's not and if it is then why would you use copper? or if it's legal it cant be toxic

1 minute ago, Old farrier said:

I’m sure it all is 

however there’s no point in expanding energy creating a cartridge that could be banned in 5 years because it’s toxic 

hence my efforts will be going on the steel shot route 

Wasting time developing cartridges is a cross we must bear i am afraid. Look at all the plaswad Non lead loads worked on by companies and individuals over the past 21 years , now all outdated. Its the way things are.  Look at the money expense gone into petrol engines and diesel engines over 150 years. all soo to be moved to history, in favour of old technology power stations and huge carbon foot print short lived wind farms. > The lunatics have taken over the asylum there is nothing we can practically do other than Fir between the lines NEATLY if we can.  Greens have got the soap box and look to be dictating everything right now.

5 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

then why do you keep preaching that lead has to go because it's toxic?,lead is either toxic or it's not and if it is then why would you use copper? or if it's legal it cant be toxic

Because it is toxic just like copper probably slightly less toxic than copper in actual fact. But Lead is just that LEAD. We are NON LEAD.  Not Non Copper.

This is not about lead this is about Necessary change, we knew it was coming, its here NOW.    If Lead is the target after the quality of defence lead got from BASC over the past two years, Its clearly DEAD.  Just embrace this move on and go with the advice as close as you can . .

I plan to shoot hard for the next 5 years mainly fowling and pigeons and then pack up. My ticket is for renewal this autumn so the renewal will get me to the 5 years. The whole lead/steel shot debacle is a load of old ********, l was at a presentation last Thursday by a member of BASC council who clearly said cartridge makers were consulted. Then we get contradictory statements from 2 uk firms on friday stating the opposite. I for one won't be sold down the river to protect big commercial shoots who rear, shoot and then try to sell immoral and unethical volumes of game birds while claiming that what they do is sustainable when it clearly is not. 

Edited by grahamch

27 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I see the two British signatories are involved with and/or held senior positions within the RSPB, and are/were involved in Swifts (allegedly biased) Lead Ammunition Group!.....hardly shining lights of independence! 

20 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I see the two British signatories are involved with and/or held senior positions within the RSPB, and are/were involved in Swifts (allegedly biased) Lead Ammunition Group!.....hardly shining lights of independence! 

Exactly . We do not  yet know what kind of creature we are dealing with here, we need to watch and wait it will crawl out in due course. .

I am now 99% certain the 2 cartridge firms are being economical with the truth in my opinion and i think i know why.

2 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Exactly . We do not  yet know what kind of creature we are dealing with here, we need to watch and wait it will crawl out in due course. .

I am now 99% certain the 2 cartridge firms are being economical with the truth in my opinion and i think i know why.

mate i’m not getting into it with you but i nailed basc down yesterday david ignored my request to pony up proof basc are not lying so the ONLY conclusion that can be drawn is they ARE the ones who lied and that is good enough for me basc lied NOT the makers 

On 07/03/2020 at 22:11, grahamch said:

I plan to shoot hard for the next 5 years mainly fowling and pigeons and then pack up. My ticket is for renewal this autumn so the renewal will get me to the 5 years. The whole lead/steel shot debacle is a load of old ********, l was at a presentation last Thursday by a member of BASC council who clearly said cartridge makers were consulted. Then we get contradictory statements from 2 uk firms on friday stating the opposite. I for one won't be sold down the river to protect big commercial shoots who rear, shoot and then try to sell immoral and unethical volumes of game birds while claiming that what they do is sustainable when it clearly is not. 

Amen. 

On 07/03/2020 at 22:11, grahamch said:

Really let down by those who stand and say they represent us, take our money and then do what the membership would have voted against, if a vote had been held .

I hope they hang their heads in shame.