Make your mind up

peck

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do often wonder if today’s society is not pushing these young people to doubt their gender, or possibly be gay.

I also wonder what effects it has on young minds when they allow groups like LBGT into schools.

Recently the slogan outside the gates of one school says it all for me “let children be children”

If I go into a hospital  for an operation  I sign a consent form . I accept  the procedure,  if the surgeon  has done his best and something goes wrong , I won't blaim him if he/ carried out the surgery , things can go wrong . It is hoping things go right , and these people need some protection,  they are try to look after you and fix what is wrong . They have there guide  lines to work to .

38 minutes ago, Scully said:

A perfect example of why teenagers ( and younger ) cannot be allowed to dictate policy.

My sympathy lays with the NHS; damned if they do, damned if they don’t. 

Well said , they need our protection  .I have nothing but admiration  for them .

There was an interesting article the other week from a doctor who was very worried about the situation and the fact this treatment is almost encouraged or expected. The main concern was that often the treatment was fixing a sympton not the cause of someone struggling with mental health.

One example was a young lad who said he wanted to be a girl and started acting and dressing as such, what it turned out to be was his parents had a second child who was a girl with special needs so much of their time was taken up looking after her. The boys  chain of thought wasn't that the parents spent more time with her because of her special needs but because she was a girl and he thought by acting like a girl he would get more of their attention again. Situation all dealt with by some relatively simple counselling but he would have been put on these hormone stoppers if this doctor hadnt been involved.

I know I am very old school but I resent the  tax on my pension being used for this sort of thing not to mention legal aid for the greedy lawyers.

You are born with the genetics of a male or female and if you want to change that pay for it yourself

He can be a she and she can be a he, just  don't cram it down my neck.

And if that's socially accepted, then please except that I have to be taken as 25 years old even though I'm almost 50. Do you think that would pass today? 
 I Thought not...

Edited by Pistol p

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

3rd option, allow multiple changes at public expense.

You're happy for people to chop and change? I've no issues with people transitioning if they want to but don't then a few days months years later decide to swap back at the expense of tax payers. People may not like that stance but I'd rather the money went on saving peoples lives not appeasing a few who aren't sure what they want between their legs. Genuine cases fine let it happen. But someone chopping and changing their minds, No. 

3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

There has been a lot of issues with the Taverstock recently, a number of staff whistle blew saying that there are several pro transgender staff there, who bullied other staff into pushing for treatment under the guise of “its their rights” ... and saying that anyone who raised concerns or saying it was unethical was labelled transphobic. 

They have a massive staff turnover as the staff who were raised concerns have left over and over. 

It’s not really an issue of someone who can’t make up their mind, it’s an issue of very vulnerable and impressionable young adults, who are often experiencing very traumatic times, being told by certain staff if they change their gender then everything will be great and all their problems will be better, only for them to take life changing medications or surgeries, and then to find out they still have problems... and now even worse. 

If some of those staff have abused their roles to such a massive extent then they should be locked up IMO. 

I’m a social worker and many family are teachers. I can’t think of anyone in either profession who’s going around telling and encouraging people to change their gender. 

Do you mean if someone says they’re transgender we don't verbally abuse them? That’s called being a decent person. 

No one is going around encouraging people to change their gender (except it the staff from Taverstock, it appears). 

Don’t talk nonsense. 

I was talking from experience so don't tell me I am talking nonsense.

1 hour ago, 39TDS said:

I was talking from experience so don't tell me I am talking nonsense.

What experience? You can’t make those types of claims without backing them up. 

I am a social worker, who works in mental health, also with years of experience in care and similar sectors. 

I’ve never once encountered anyone ever pushing it on kids, or telling them they can change their gender. The vast vast majority of staff find it a “weird topic” and don’t really cover it. Some staff who do, are just polite about it based on what the person says. 

Edited by Lloyd90

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

What experience? You can’t make those types of claims without backing them up. 

I am a social worker, who works in mental health, also with years of experience in care and similar sectors. 

I’ve never once encountered anyone ever pushing it on kids, or telling them they can change their gender. The vast vast majority of staff find it a “weird topic” and don’t really cover it. Some staff who do, are just polite about it based on what the person says. 

If  LGBT is not being pushed in schools at present it will be from September 2020.

The below was taken from ‘Stonewall’ an LGBT website.

From September 2020, all secondary schools in England will be required to teach RSE along with LGBT and all primary schools in England will be required to teach Relationships Education (RE).

Thousands of schools already teach LGBT-inclusive lessons, but the new guidance means that all secondary schools who weren’t doing so will now have to, and primary schools will be encouraged to as well.

From 2021, all schools in Scotland will be required to embed LGBT-inclusive teaching across the curriculum.

12 minutes ago, old'un said:

If  LGBT is not being pushed in schools at present it will be from September 2020.

The below was taken from ‘Stonewall’ an LGBT website.

From September 2020, all secondary schools in England will be required to teach RSE along with LGBT and all primary schools in England will be required to teach Relationships Education (RE).

Thousands of schools already teach LGBT-inclusive lessons, but the new guidance means that all secondary schools who weren’t doing so will now have to, and primary schools will be encouraged to as well.

From 2021, all schools in Scotland will be required to embed LGBT-inclusive teaching across the curriculum.

Who’s written and then enforced those policies? It isn’t teachers and social workers etc on the front lines. 

As if they would ever be allowed to write policies. 

It’s a top down culture. 

“Will he required” ... required by who? Who’s enforcing it. 

10 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Who’s written and then enforced those policies? It isn’t teachers and social workers etc on the front lines. 

As if they would ever be allowed to write policies. 

It’s a top down culture. 

“Will he required” ... required by who? Who’s enforcing it. 

Not sure who will enforce it but looking at a couple of LBGT websites they seem to imply that its being introduced into all school from September 2020, I’ve just cut and pasted some of the text from their website.

Are you saying they incorrect in their claims?

LOL the joys

i was dealing with a casualty and gets a nudge from my partner my boss " is that a guy or a girl ?" a shrug of my shoulders and get the casualty to phone NHS 24 its a guy going threw the change and he says to NHS all im taking is the birth pill ? 

Surely he must be taking hormonal drugs But i was treating a injury no wanting a case history 

4 hours ago, Pistol p said:

He can be a she and she can be a he, just  don't cram it down my neck.

And if that's socially accepted, then please except that I have to be taken as 25 years old even though I'm almost 50. Do you think that would pass today? 
 I Thought not...

Well if you're gonna be 25 , I'm gonna be errol flynn 😊

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You'll have to explain that to the younger Members!:rolleyes:

Erroll flynn , is a bloke with a thin moustache , and was in the black and white films than my nan used to watch . He's the only film idol that my brain could remember 😅

I should have waited until I remembered Tom cruise 😊.

Just now, mel b3 said:

Erroll flynn , is a bloke with a thin moustache , and was in the black and white films than my nan used to watch . He's the only film idol that my brain could remember 😅

My how the Brummy mind works!:lol:

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Not sure who will enforce it but looking at a couple of LBGT websites they seem to imply that its being introduced into all school from September 2020, I’ve just cut and pasted some of the text from their website.

Are you saying they incorrect in their claims?

Not necessarily, however I do think it’s entirely unfair to say teachers, social workers and health professionals are the ones pushing this agenda and pushing kids down those routes. 

This is coming from some higher up forces, I bet you teachers and the like don’t want to be giving students LGBT lessons they want to be getting on with their actual teaching. 

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Both black AND white? how very socially inclusive of you! 

56 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Not necessarily, however I do think it’s entirely unfair to say teachers, social workers and health professionals are the ones pushing this agenda and pushing kids down those routes. 

This is coming from some higher up forces, I bet you teachers and the like don’t want to be giving students LGBT lessons they want to be getting on with their actual teaching. 

There must be a fair few gay teachers who would be happy to teach LBGT in our schools and I dare say there are plenty of straight teachers who would sympathise and support any such teachings.

41 minutes ago, old'un said:

There must be a fair few gay teachers who would be happy to teach LBGT in our schools and I dare say there are plenty of straight teachers who would sympathise and support any such teachings.

And a far far higher number that simply want to get on with their job? 

As I said, who are the policy makers? Who’s enforcing this? 

Don’t direct your annoyance to the majority of people who also don’t want it.