BASC.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, mudpatten said:

Before resigning from BASC can I ask you to wait for a couple of days. Recent events may not have been entirely as portrayed. I apologise if this sounds a bit cryptic but you`ll see what I mean as it unflods.

I knew there was more to this, they did not jump on this horse so sudden and ride it so hard for nowt.

25 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I knew there was more to this, they did not jump on this horse so sudden and ride it so hard for nowt.

Maybe your post on the other thread about how this might have happened is not so far a possibility "A senior representative of one of the cartridge manufacturers gave a presentation on the sustainable alternatives to lead shot in January to members of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Shooting and Conservation" 

23 minutes ago, akey said:

Maybe your post on the other thread about how this might have happened is not so far a possibility "A senior representative of one of the cartridge manufacturers gave a presentation on the sustainable alternatives to lead shot in January to members of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Shooting and Conservation" 

Was he called Cedric :lol:

Further to the statement issued by the shooting organisations last Friday and, in light of speculation on social media, BASC would like to clarify its position:

BASC understands the manufacturers’ concerns for their commercial interests as expressed in their statement on Friday 28th February.

The cartridge manufacturers were consulted before the publication by the shooting organisations of their initial joint statement on the proposed five-year transition to sustainable, non-lead ammunition.

Representatives of shooting organisations were in contact with cartridge manufacturers at meetings where that proposed joint statement by the shooting organisations was discussed. A copy of that statement was given to cartridge companies in advance and they had the opportunity to comment.

BASC is seeking government financial support for the cartridge manufacturers to underpin the future development of sustainable alternatives to lead shot and had held meetings with ministers and Downing Street advisors to secure this support.

A senior representative of one of the cartridge manufacturers gave a presentation on the sustainable alternatives to lead shot in January to members of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Shooting and Conservation.

The joint statement issued by the organisations last week was accompanied by material provided by the Gun Trade Association, of which the cartridge manufacturers are members.

BASC has always worked closely with cartridge manufacturers in delivering policy on ammunition and we will continue to do so. The shooting organisations are seeking an urgent meeting with the CEOs of the companies to agree the way forward.

BASC urges all members of the shooting community to stand together as we work through the detail of a transition that will ensure the long-term future of shooting.

BASC sends weekly e-mails out to members who are signed up for them. These typically contain commercial offers, car discounts and so on. Why on earth can this important stuff not be sent to members rather than pushed out via social media. The BASC magazine is currently arriving and this statement adds significantly to its contents.

1 hour ago, mudpatten said:

Before resigning from BASC can I ask you to wait for a couple of days. Recent events may not have been entirely as portrayed. I apologise if this sounds a bit cryptic but you`ll see what I mean as it unflods.

Too late! 😀

3 hours ago, mudpatten said:

Why all this secret cryptic stuff 

either tell us the truth or keep quiet 

the leaking of this BEFORE THE MEMBERS  are notified is appalling 

as I see it I’m a member I should be told before every other non member as said previously I get email every week full of advertising 

a important issue like this and I hear from my gunmaker before the organisation that lm a member of thats proposed it 

down right disgraceful behaviour 

there’s more to all of this than we will probably find out 

and wager that there’s money and backhanders going on 

3 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

as I see it I’m a member I should be told before every other non member as said previously I get email every week full of advertising 

a important issue like this and I hear from my gunmaker before the organisation that lm a member of thats proposed it 

Well said Sir. 

28 minutes ago, mudpatten said:

Did you go to another organisation?

Yes, eventually. I left BASC. years ago when I considered them not fit for purpose; I still don’t. 

I joined the NGO about five years ago; just informed them yesterday they have until my renewal in August to get things sorted. It’s not the loss of lead shot which concerns me as much as the double standards regarding its banning. More questions than answers. 
They aren’t bothered about me leaving. 😀

hallelujah your not falling for the waffle this time for people with a rational explanation they legged of here so fast you couldn’t see them for dust despite several calls to reappear and explain their actions it’s not like pigeon watch is hard to find and that’s just for starters 

In the Shooting and Conservation magazine this morning it seems to indicate that lead will and is still ok environmentally for clay shooting. How they come to this decision is beyond me.

Whatever , lead is still being put back into the earth from whence it came.  I have been eating game for nearly 80yrs, since I went onto solid food and  ...twitch twithch.... I am still ....twitch.....

pretty fit. Must have unknowlingly swollowed a few lead pellets in that time although, they are easily picked out.    Over areas of water where waterfowl are going to be feeding , then I agree it is a good idea to choose to use alternatives.

51 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

I seriously do not believe you just posted this. Disappointed.

Just now, Walker570 said:

In the Shooting and Conservation magazine this morning it seems to indicate that lead will and is still ok environmentally for clay shooting. How they come to this decision is beyond me.

Whatever , lead is still being put back into the earth from whence it came.  I have been eating game for nearly 80yrs, since I went onto solid food and  ...twitch twithch.... I am still ....twitch.....

pretty fit. Must have unknowlingly swollowed a few lead pellets in that time although, they are easily picked out.    Over areas of water where waterfowl are going to be feeding , then I agree it is a good idea to choose to use alternatives.

Yes we can still shoot clays with lead from plastic wadded cartridges.

Just as we can still shoot lead from plastic wadded cartridges at pigeon and game for 5 years.

Just now, lancer425 said:

I seriously do not believe you just posted this. Disappointed.

I did all this cryptic stuff is not the professional way to behave 

if muddpattern works for Basc he should say so and his capacity 

any thing relevant to this from Basc should go to the members first by Email or suchlike before social media 

Just now, Walker570 said:

I'm confused:cry1:

Nothing has changed at all NOTHING This was/ is just a voluntary ban on lead in live quarry shooting and call to not use plastic wads. The latter is very much a grey area at this moment in time.

And yes this lot are getting very out of shape all over a SUGGESTION.

If you do not agree with this vaulantary ban there is absolutely no reason why you should do anything different to what you have ever done in your life before lead plastic as long as you do not shoot Wildfowl with it  in england and wales, or wildfowl on the shores / wetlands in scotland you will be fine.  

3 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

I did all this cryptic stuff is not the professional way to behave 

if muddpattern works for Basc he should say so and his capacity 

any thing relevant to this from Basc should go to the members first by Email or suchlike before social media 

OK.

Lancer is the above a statement issued by BASC ?

How come I haven't been emailed?

Reference your post that the Gun Trade and Cartridge Manufacturers WERE informed , are we now saying that they are Liars?

WHO do we believe?

Edited by Salopian