BASC car purchase offers

ilovemyheckler

I was looking at buying an Isuzu pick up little while back , guy in the sales office just deducted the discount on the price there and then , I guess that’s how they all do it , this was a private sale not business use , didn’t buy it so not sure of details at the final hurdle 

You should get around 20% off the net price before vat on the L200 which is supplied by Tyson Cooper.

you just have to email them with your request and quote your basc membership no as long as you have been a member for a year.

similar sort of deal available on the navara and new wildtrak

1 hour ago, ilovemyheckler said:

Has anyone purchased a new vehicle using the BASC discount offer?

How does it work?

Is it available on all models and private and business users?

I am looking at buying a new L200 Barbarian X and wondered if I could take advantage of the offer.

I've had two L200 Barbarians on the scheme.  First one was through Tyson Cooper directly, the latest one Holt Mitsubishi simply dealt with Tyson Cooper for me.

With Mitsubishi, the discount didn't apply to non-factory fitted extras from memory.  With some manufacturers it extends to everything, but this changes from time to time I think.

The deal is on private and business, my two have both been business.

Edited by Mickeydredd

I got my wifes Suzuki vitara through the basc scheme. at the time is was nearly 30% of the price. the dealer said they pretty much made nothing on the car.

All i had to do was show my membership card and proof of ID and the dealer did the rest. 

I think you need to be a BASC member for at least 2 years before you are eligible.

10 hours ago, hod said:

Has anyone who purchased through a BASC discount compared the price they got to what’s available through drivethedeal or carwow?

I’d be (pleasantly) surprised if the BASC deal was better. 

Yes the Basc deal won hands down when i purchased the vitara.  The discount isn't as much now, so not sure if it can be beaten by Carwow etc.

I got a great offer from Tyson Cooper on the basis of being a member of BASC.

They reduced the cost (I first asked them for a quote without mentioning BASC) by 20% on the base car price so not including delivery, car tax, service plan, VAT or any extras.

However when I told another garage that I wasn’t now interested in their demonstrator because I had decided to buy new they asked if they could quote.

Interestingly they asked me several questions:

Are you a cash for car drivers (those who receive a car allowance instead of a company car) ?

Business owners / legal directors of a limited company / partner in a limited liability partnership (llp) >?

Professional partner and sole traders ?

Vehicles acquired for business purpose ( driving to and from work does not count ) ?

Vat registered business.?

registered to the BASC or NFU. ?

I told them I got a car allowance and i used it for business (not just driving to and from work) and that I was a member of BASC

They came back with a quotation that was only £300 more than Tyson Cooper. They said that they gave the discount based on my car allowance rather than my BASC membership

Their quotation was cheaper about £1,000 than the December 2019 (5,000 miles on the clock) demonstrator I was considering and I would have had to go and collect the demonstrator  whereas the new one they would deliver to my door!