Essex Masters

shaun4860

21 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

So whose shooting this event?

myself, Will Poon and Bunnykiller are shooting Wednesday/Thursday.

Staying in Halstead Tuesday/Thursday.

Anyone local have an idea what the ground is like underfoot?

Am doing it on Wednesday, 9am start on the Red, hope to see you Guys there.?

I would imagine it must be pretty soggy underfoot there at the moment, but, hopefully things will change and the ground will stiffen up a bit..?

Cat.😎

I’m shooting it for the second time, can’t wait 😊 targets to beat where set last year and looking forward to beating it this year, although I can’t remember what day I’m shooting 🤦‍♂️ Due to the time of year I’d advise covering all options walking/hiking boots as a minimum if it’s been wet in the run up,  trainers could be risky for soggy toes, unless we get a decent amount of sun in the run up. I’ll probably have wellies and trainers as my options, if I remember correctly it was quite firm under foot when I shot the masters last year and the Essex all round in the later part of last year . Hope that’s of some use 👍🏻

10 hours ago, Catamong said:

Am doing it on Wednesday, 9am start on the Red, hope to see you Guys there.?

I would imagine it must be pretty soggy underfoot there at the moment, but, hopefully things will change and the ground will stiffen up a bit..?

Cat.😎

Hi Cat,

We are 10 o’clock on Wednesday, also on the red course so I imagine we will bump into each other at some point 😊

:shaun:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've had to pull out via a text message I sent to John Dyson today.

My 35 year old Son was recently diagnosed with cancer and has started a course of intensive Chemotherapy which will last for 16 weeks.

The Chemo treatment will reduce his immune system considerably, so we are avoiding all contact with other people wherever possible, as far as I'm concerned all clay shooting is on hold.

This could not have come at a worse time for us.!

Good luck to all who are shooting.

Cat.😎

1 minute ago, Catamong said:

My 35 year old Son was recently diagnosed with cancer and has started a course of intensive Chemotherapy which will last for 16 weeks.

The Chemo treatment will reduce his immune system considerably, so we are avoiding all contact with other people wherever possible, as far as I'm concerned all clay shooting is on hold.

Cat.😎

Sorry to hear about your son 

hopefully the Chimotherapy (it’s grim)will sort out the problem 

wishing him a speedy and full recovery 

all the best 

of 

33 minutes ago, Catamong said:

Cat.😎

Best wishes and all the strength in the world to you all.

13 hours ago, Catamong said:

Cat.😎

Best wishes to you all Cat.