packhams at it again

islandgun

So he's taking the government to court about HS2,  [crowd funded ?] Our self proclaimed hero, looking like a member of the cast from blake 7 wants to protect the environment and nature, whilst at the same time allowing our roads to become more congested... are not the railway embankments in the main a great corridor and home for nature in their own right

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51722251

A deranged “don’t do as I do, do as I say” hypocrite, with a known mental disorder, vexatiously going to law, using other people’s money, trying to force the government and everyone else to comply with his will!...and being allowed to do so!

You couldn’t make it up!

Hopefully he will make such a nuisance of himself they will dismiss him as eco mouthpiece and disregard anything he spouts.

Can only be a good thing for us. Far too many of these fools being listened too and getting their own way.

I saw a news clip of a ww2 veteran saying why did we bother fighting. All the list lives and for what, this. It was saddening to watch but so true.

Our rail networks have been poor for many years about time they spent some money making things better. Just make it go all the way to Scotland too.

Edited by figgy

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

A deranged “don’t do as I do, do as I say” hypocrite, with a known mental disorder, vexatiously going to law, using other people’s money, trying to force the government and everyone else to comply with his will!...and being allowed to do so!

You couldn’t make it up!

Just what the BBC are looking for  !

37 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm not so sure HS2 is a great idea to be honest, but that doesn't mean I think packham is wired up right either!

This ^^^

HS2 is just wrong on so many counts.... another “Southern Service” route, it won’t benefit us up in the real North, it isn’t coming up here.

Spend the horrendous amount it is costing on local infrastructure.

If your that desperate to get to London an hour earlier then get the plane....

Rant over

:shaun:

16 minutes ago, shaun4860 said:

This ^^^

HS2 is just wrong on so many counts.... another “Southern Service” route, it won’t benefit us up in the real North, it isn’t coming up here.

Rant over

100% agree.  

And i work with trains, a complete waste of the country's money. 

9 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm not so sure HS2 is a great idea to be honest, but that doesn't mean I think packham is wired up right either!

8 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

This ^^^

Rant over

Totally agree with these points. On a personal level I’m against HS2 because the proposed route goes straight through the last remaining bit of countryside where I live. Packam  might be a complete self serving **** but on this issue I’m with him all the way

The (frankly very stupid and misguided) 'environmentally concious' public Crowd Funds a challenge in Court.  Lawyers charging high fees engage barristers and Queens Councils charging even higher fees.

The Government defends the policies of Her Majesties Government in Her Majesty's Courts (probably through appeals in successively higher (and more costly) Courts) using lawyers, barristers and Queens Councils charging high fees.  The consequent delays cause inevitable cost increases.

The winners are .............. the legal profession.

The losers are .......... the taxpaying public.

6 minutes ago, greylag said:

Perhaps if he was using his own money he would not be so quick to shout for court action.

Since he is almost daily on the BBC (despite them saying they don't employ him and look at the astronomical figures they spend on their more frequent presenters) and also does his 'tours', I suspect he is a very wealthy man ....... and he may fins advantages in thing being crowd funded - as they are largely 'unaccountable' how and where they are spent as far as I can see.

4 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

The (frankly very stupid and misguided) 'environmentally concious' public Crowd Funds a challenge in Court.  Lawyers charging high fees engage barristers and Queens Councils charging even higher fees.

The Government defends the policies of Her Majesties Government in Her Majesty's Courts (probably through appeals in successively higher (and more costly) Courts) using lawyers, barristers and Queens Councils charging high fees.  The consequent delays cause inevitable cost increases.

The winners are .............. the legal profession.

The losers are .......... the taxpaying public.

Twas ever thus?

Don't waste time looking for a lawyer with a conscience, like looking for the same in a politico?

57 minutes ago, greylag said:

Leigh Day must hear the tills ringing every time  Packham gets in touch.Perhaps if he was using his own money he would not be so quick to shout for court action.

He's not that stupid?