Catapults with stabilizers any good ?

BADGER.BRAD

As a kid I lived near two Barnett Catapult/crossbow factories so everyone had a Barnett catapult as every now and again someone would climb over the fence and grab a handful of rejects from the skip and we would end up building a few good ones out of the bits. I had a Black Widow with the arm piece ( and used marbles as ammo) but others had the other catapults with the stabilizers on, I wonder if these actually did anything or were just a gimmick ? I have a home made tree fork catapult but thought about getting something a little better hoping it would improve my chances of hitting something I was actually aiming at !

Edited by BADGER.BRAD

Them were the days ,remember when i was a kid gang of local scrotes use to harass an old guy who walked his dog at night.

pushed him to far and the trails of sparks raining down the road as he opened fire on em with a catapult and i assume ball bearings will stay with me forever.

imagine pulling that stunt these days. :)

1 hour ago, Remimax said:

Them were the days ,remember when i was a kid gang of local scrotes use to harass an old guy who walked his dog at night.

pushed him to far and the trails of sparks raining down the road as he opened fire on em with a catapult and i assume ball bearings will stay with me forever.

imagine pulling that stunt these days. :)

😄

Thanks for the input everyone, much appreciated. I guest they where most likely a  gimmick as none of the experts seem to use them. I do have a tree fork catty I made up I'll have to practise with thats although there is a slight design error in that the top of the fork blocks you view !!!cat.JPG.c7386c594c65d5a016751b9d37930351.JPGe

Edited by BADGER.BRAD