tison furey

Saltings

just watching the gypsy king  lost 10 st   for fight     on itv      beats  weightwatchers       trained hard for wielder       common sense outlook on life and a family  man       looking to his kids  futures  gypsy + education      a hell of an achievement      a hell of a bloke   despite mental issues    a hell of an achievement  still level headed  

Shame about his mental health. 

He’s level headed for 5 mins with his bipolar, not surprised, being the greatest in the world one minute, then trying to live a normal family life the next. 

Felt sorry for his wife and kids, one minute going on holiday, the next it’s cancelled at the last minute and all the kids have to unpack their bags and go to bed. 

48 minutes ago, The Heron said:

I agree with you he is the best at the moment but I don't think he would have got past round five with Mike Tyson. 

Don't think he would have got past round 1...

11 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

And Mike Tyson would not have got past round 3 with Ali in his prime years

I think Tyson would have beat Ali.

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Don't think he would have got past round 1...

I think Tyson would have beat Ali.

Anyone who knows boxing will know that sport rarely goes backwards, Mike Tyson would have killed Ali and Tyson fury would beat either of them everyday of the week, he's virtually in a different weight division.

12 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Anyone who knows boxing will know that sport rarely goes backwards, Mike Tyson would have killed Ali and Tyson fury would beat either of them everyday of the week, he's virtually in a different weight division.

Well we’ll never know will we! Having watched all of them fight whilst in their prime on TV......to try to judge them now, one against the other, is impossible!........All were the worlds best fighters “in their day”.....

58 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Iron Mike was a great, no doubt about it, but there's equally no doubt what so ever, he'd not even be a contender in today's heavy weight division, he'd be a David Haye, a good boxer not physically big enough to compete with the big boys.

Dont be silly he used to knock the big guys out for fun ..

People are of course entitled to their opinion, but Tyson would loose badly in today's division and Ali wouldn't even be in it, I love nostalgia and I would never take away from what the greats of the sweat science achieved in their era's, but they wouldn't be effective competition today, people who know the sport wouldn't be disagreeing with me.

Edited by 12gauge82