Alan Myers

Saltings

I first met him at the Midland many years and have spoke to him over the phone many times since , he was a Font of information  regarding reloading for large bore guns and always had time for a chat ! R.I.P. Alan .

42 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

One of us.

Yes so true!

Edited by derbyduck

6 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

I first met him at the Midland many years and have spoke to him over the phone many times since , he was a Font of information  regarding reloading for large bore guns and always had time for a chat ! R.I.P. Alan .

I used to occasionally bump into Alan there too Tony..........on one particular occasion, I recall another acquaintance of Alan’s, Barry F who, whilst busily frying up sausages for their breakfast, laughingly quipped “if you shake hands with Alan, best you count your fingers afterwards” always stuck in my mind! lol!

RIP Alan

12 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

f Alan’s, Barry F who, whilst busily frying up sausages for their breakfast, laughingly quipped “if you shake hands with Alan, best you count your fingers afterwards” always stuck in my mind! lol!

RIP Alan

I knew Alan very well and had a lot of dealings with him, he would always try and get another shilling out of you, but he was a character  that will be missed. He is another of the wildfowlers, that will be remembered for his gunsmith abilities , his keenness  on shooting mainly geese, although Alan was a first class clay shot  .You either loved or hated Alan, but l  raised a glass to him on Monday when I was told. RIP Alan.