The last fur trapper

Mr gen

Having watched this I can nothing wrong with him doing what he does. After all if the foxes weren't out there he wouldn't catch them. I do understand he is proud of his way of life but as a man who has been snaring for 50 years, he must have come across a lot of opposition to his activities. so going on the BBC who are renown for its anti views seems a bit kamikaze. I hope he gets as much support as he does Flak  for doing this article but I fear he has just brought a whole load of bad attention his way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51708647

Edited by Mr gen

35 minutes ago, Mr gen said:

Well they really laid the emotional stuff down in that article but I guess its how they get the uneducated public on side.

I guess if you wanted to, you could put the emotional/cruel slant on any story about killing of any creature and that’s just what they do to gain public support.

Edited by old'un

Yes the Independent are really going all out with that one especially with the cute, cub photos. But its a bit odd isn't it how this man wants to continue his way of life but broadcasts videos of himself dispatching foxes with a pick axe handle. Not to mention a snare illegally laid in a hedgerow next to a road??   

Ditto. The EA and Rivers Trust in our area sought the help of local shooters for a while, in their battle against mink. We were active in placing ‘rafts’ on stretches of the river and monitoring the activity on those rafts for the best part of a year. 
The local red squirrel wardens sought our help also, in their fight against greys. 
Show a picture of a dead fox cub ( it’s a cute dead puppy! ) however, and you’re no longer a conservationist, but one step removed from a child killer!