Snickers Welsh Gag backfires!

TIGHTCHOKE

I'll bet at some point every one who complained about that tweet has taken the p out of someone speaking sumat other than welsh ('spetchly english). 

Should try being a tyke in the Midlands. 

I can understand most of then and most of them can't understand me, I as tut put me posh voice on. 🙄😁

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I would summise that there are a lot of people in that part of the world without a sense of humour!!!!!

Oh Boy you have got that right! only some though, not a lot, but the few are very vocal

The trouble with Welsh is that it is an ancient language so "real" Welsh becomes less usable in modern conversation. It comes from a time when there were no cars, TVs, supermarkets etc. So more and more is just made up words by the Welsh Language Society to plug the gaps.

They are fighting a losing battle which is why they are so defensive.

Edited by Vince Green

11 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Oh Boy you have got that right! only some though, not a lot, but the few are very vocal

The trouble with Welsh is that it is an ancient language so "real" Welsh becomes less usable in modern conversation. It comes from a time when there were no cars, TVs, supermarkets etc. So more and more is just made up words by the Welsh Language Society to plug the gaps.

They are fighting a losing battle

Hence the welsh for microwave oven is pop ti ping!

9 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

I have to agree, some of those Welsh names are like the cat has played on the keypad, one of the villages by me Eglwyswrw, those bloody Welsh and their place names lol.

The reason for place names being so long (for those who don't know) is because they are a description of what's there. "The church with an oak tree by the river" etc

Edited by Vince Green

36 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The reason for place names being so long (for those who don't know) is because they are a description of what's there. "The church with an oak tree by the river" etc

So what's the Welsh for "Miserable twit with no sense of humour and nothing better to do than complain about it when others have a harmless giggle." then ? ;)