Easy blind

Walker570

Didn't know where to put this but here goes.  One of my farmer friends was having a clear out and had three IBC containers, did I want them.  YES!! PLEASE!!

They make absolutely super hides/blinds for static position shooting and can be mounted on a four post high stand as well.  I only need mine for ground blinds

and although almost always they stay where they are , they are very easily moved/rolled onto a trailer.  The picture shows the bare bones so to speak.  I line the inside with hessian

and then cover the outside with camo netting.  I do have one of the plastic containers and I am going to cut that and see if it will fit inside to make a weatherproof job.  I do cut about a foot off a container and fix as a roof, although you can just put a sheet of tin or board there.  Cut port holes for shooting out of.

The additon of the legs puts the frame high enough to give head clearance when sitting down.  I use old plastic garden chairs.

As I complete this one I will put some more pictures on.

003.jpg

005.jpg

009.jpg

Managed to cut the plastic liner and get it in the frame this afternoon despite the rain.  Intend leaving it looking like an old IBC as it will be tucked up on a high point overlooking the slurry pits and so blend in.   I have a seat made up from some frames someone had dumped in a ditch out in Lincolnshire, now has a second life.  Need to make up a door and will use a piece of the white plastic to make it blend in.  Just cut three slots so far and think they will work, may have to cut another to the left but can't make that decision till it is in position.

Love it. All this was going on the scrap heap. Waste not want not.

may line the interior with ply to cut down the light inside.

011.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

Edited by Walker570

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Looks very good, lining with ply seems excessive expense unless you have it for free. Would have thought hessian or net on outside would help darken the interior?

I have a supply.  I want to keep the outside looking as much like an IBC as possible.  I normally line the inside with hessian but this location is on concrete which gets a regular washing down so hessian would just get soaked.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Very ingenious Mate, hopefully plenty of vermin will fall to your gun whilst hiding in there.:good:

To date in three years I have shot over 300 magpies on that slurry pit area and they keep coming. Trouble is they also get into the adjacent concentrate feed stores and silage pits.