Reloading For shot gun and rifle

54 minutes ago, silver fox 1 said:

I’ve just had a reply from the insurance company they’re saying that Home Reloading Loading is fine as long as it’s within the  law, 

As regards to putting steel shot through a non-proofed gun they said that would be one for the gun experts so it would appear you might  not be insured 

Just to add this is only my insurance company your company could be different might be worth checking 

Which policy do you have?

Your insurance from BASC and whoever its insurer is will be 3rd party in case you shoot someone or damage property.

You gun will surely not be covered by the policy, will it?

From BASC;

"BASC insurances are always there for you as policies of first resort, with dedicated helplines and skilled claims handlers who support you throughout your claim. 
BASC insurance is well-known and widely accepted, including overseas.
You can trust BASC insurance; BASC is fully regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is covered by the Financial Services Compensation scheme.
BASC offers a specially tailored insurance package for shooters that comes with a range of additional benefits"

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Yes quite right,   The point I’m trying to make perhaps not very well is  if you’re putting steel shot through a non-steel proof gun  and some sort of accident happens I don’t think you’re insured,  The insurance company could just walk away and say it’s down to you  you shouldn’t be doing that,  A bit of a grey area  I phoned them and asked  this question  and was told that’s one for the gun expert,  I could imagine them banging on about  The gun not being made to shoot steel  where are the proof Mark’s,  what do you think the experts would say 

I’m not sure I would fancy going to court over this one  

6 minutes ago, silver fox 1 said:

Yes quite right,   The point I’m trying to make perhaps not very well is  if you’re putting steel shot through a non-steel proof gun  and some sort of accident happens I don’t think you’re insured,  The insurance company could just walk away and say it’s down to you  you shouldn’t be doing that,  A bit of a grey area  I phoned them and asked  this question  and was told that’s one for the gun expert,  I could imagine them banging on about  The gun not being made to shoot steel  where are the proof Mark’s,  what do you think the experts would say 

I’m not sure I would fancy going to court over this one  

Yes quite,

and we all know insurance companies are falling over themselves to pay claims they can wiggle out of.:whistling:

If they can find an excuse not to pay, they will!