Anti's and assault.

18 minutes ago, mick miller said:

I believe that many officers actually sympathise with those wishing to sabotage hunt events or disrupt shooting. It's a social malaise, which needs specific, explicit laws to be prevented. I would not rely on generic laws on trespass to be sufficient, or precise enough not to allow an officer to get away with inaction on the issue.

I think there is truth in this! 

With some will and inventiveness the police could identify a way of protecting people going about their lawful business, it’s just that there is no will to do so!

As a long standing member of BASC I would like them to take up the matter with every chief constable in the country and get the guide lines of aggravated trespass sorted.No one should have to put up with intimidation from a mob of hooded thugs.We may well be in general white middle aged men ( apologies to other groups ,ages etc)but like the rest of the population we do have 'rights' too.

41 minutes ago, Tollerman said:

As a long standing member of BASC I would like them to take up the matter with every chief constable in the country and get the guide lines of aggravated trespass sorted.No one should have to put up with intimidation from a mob of hooded thugs.We may well be in general white middle aged men ( apologies to other groups ,ages etc)but like the rest of the population we do have 'rights' too.

Good luck with that approach, the Chief Constables are aware of this happening but so far have done sweet F. A.

Although this specific incident has gained much attention due to the excellent work by Charlie and the team, this is not a new phenomenon and people involved in hunting, shooting and fishing have been subjected to  varying degrees of intimidation for as long as I can remember.  Accepting that people in the UK have a right to legal protest, that most certainly does not include committing assault. Some guidance and background on this from BASC is here: https://basc.org.uk/codes-of-practice/disruption-of-shoots-by-demonstrators/

3 hours ago, David BASC said:

Remember that aggravated trespass is covered under criminal law.  An offence is committed when a trespasser in the open air attempts to interfere with a lawful activity such as hunting or shooting for example. 

And yet nothing is done about it time after time. Police either don’t come or when they do stand by and do nothing. 

5 hours ago, David BASC said:

Remember that aggravated trespass is covered under criminal law.  An offence is committed when a trespasser in the open air attempts to interfere with a lawful activity such as hunting or shooting for example. 

hello, but how do you go about making an arrest if the police do not turn up,

May I suggest your question is better being sent to the local constabulary if you have examples of where the police have been called to deal with harassment by protestors and either failed to turn up? By all means let me know too., and I think any reply you get from the police would be most interesting to all on here!

thanks

David

39 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, but how do you go about making an arrest if the police do not turn up,

as basc should have asked the police what advice to give members the police will tell you to ring them and do not try to hold anyone or it could lead to your own arrest and if in any doubt leave the area all a load of useless cobblers but there you go 

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

as basc should have asked the police what advice to give members the police will tell you to ring them and do not try to hold anyone or it could lead to your own arrest and if in any doubt leave the area all a load of useless cobblers but there you go 

hello, i quite agree

17 minutes ago, David BASC said:

If you look at the link I posted that's pretty much the advice we give

about time shooting organisations done something about it then shooting costs the police money their goal is the same one as the antis end shooting shaking hands with a crocodile won’t stop it biting you 

11 hours ago, David BASC said:

Although this specific incident has gained much attention due to the excellent work by Charlie and the team, this is not a new phenomenon and people involved in hunting, shooting and fishing have been subjected to  varying degrees of intimidation for as long as I can remember.  Accepting that people in the UK have a right to legal protest, that most certainly does not include committing assault. Some guidance and background on this from BASC is here: https://basc.org.uk/codes-of-practice/disruption-of-shoots-by-demonstrators/

Can u tell me the app you refer to in codes of practice, that records and instantly uploads. 

5 hours ago, David BASC said:

If you look at the link I posted that's pretty much the advice we give

instead of taking advice from the police who don't understand rural affairs / country sports / rural crime /   as only understand spreadsheets inner city crime      BASC   why not educate the police as to  who is going about their  legal pursuit peacefully  and lawfully        and who are trespassing and intimidating and using threatening behaviour  including covering their faces just in case  (up to no good cover up ) as a lot of criminals  do             please explain  why  BASC  is not the go to  authority on country pursuits to advise the police   on country sports     and how they should deal with antis     rather than the police telling us  to leave   go home    don't antagonise         hell Packham  and the rspb    antis  have the police running round after them   with no case to answer  from all sorts of protected types being shot with no evidence     why are the individuals who make the claims  not being prosecuted for wasting police time   my 10p worth