And again, shooters adding to our coffin

12 minutes ago, greylag said:

What is the matter with people.Shooting fraternity always getting the blame!Peragrenes love chasing racing pigeons.!!!,not pointing fingers.

It isn’t the shooting community that is to blame....it is one idiot with a gun! Because someone is speeding every motorist is not to blame!........Because some scrote is a burglar?.....not every one is!

Its up to the law to catch criminals and put them before a judge.....not for society to judge everyone, for the illegal act of one mindless moron!

26 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

It isn’t the shooting community that is to blame....it is one idiot with a gun! Because someone is speeding every motorist is not to blame!........Because some scrote is a burglar?.....not every one is!

Its up to the law to catch criminals and put them before a judge.....not for society to judge everyone, for the illegal act of one mindless moron!

Too true,these idiots must be stopped.

3 hours ago, greylag said:

What is the matter with people.Shooting fraternity always getting the blame!Peragrenes love chasing racing pigeons.!!!,not pointing fingers.

Racing pigeon owners absolutely hate peregrine falcons, something to do with keeping the birds from clocking in  aftyer races.

Blackpowder

Read in one article that the bird was shot near the town center so it could have been an air rifle, cant image someone letting a shotgun off near the town center.

My uncle (now deceased) used to keep racing pigeons and he would shoot anything that might harm his birds and I mean anything.

10 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

So we have gone from feeling sick about this , to a pigeon fancier , with an air rifle . The article  states  " shotgun pellet  "  can we all agree who ever did it was very wrong in doing so , and not shifting  the blame ........... we dont know .

We also don’t know if they are shotgun pellets, its only what the papers/media are telling us, if I remember, anytime there were incidents like this they were pretty quick to put up x-rays showing shotgun pellets.

12 minutes ago, old'un said:

We also don’t know if they are shotgun pellets, its only what the papers/media are telling us, if I remember, anytime there were incidents like this they were pretty quick to put up x-rays showing shotgun pellets.

I would presume  the vet removing the pellet , they would know the difference  .until there is more on it , we have to presume the report is correct as this is all that has been told upto now .

4 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

I would presume  the vet removing the pellet , they would know the difference  .until there is more on it , we have to presume the report is correct as this is all that has been told upto now .

In this day and age I don't believe anything that is said, how many times have we jumped up and down only to find out we have been hoodwinked.

27 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Or it could read like this….vet tells the media that he has remove one of two pellets found in the bird…the media reports “vet removes shotgun pellets”

A good point by JDog about fabricating evidence with regards BOP being shot, the anti brigade have some pretty nasty followers and would not put it past them to actually shoot BOP and then plant them where they would be found, these people will stop at nothing to try and bring shooting down, believe me I have meet some of them, not nice people.

Edited by old'un

Personally I find it hard to believe that 1 there were only two "shotgun" pellets in the bird and 2 that if they shotgun pellets they were of a significant enough size that a vet would try to remove them. Number 5 or 6 shot is pretty small, a peregrine is pretty small, I'm not a vet but I've cut up enough animals to know digging out a shotgun pellet is going to do a lot of damage and be difficult to find. An airgun pellet would be bigger and potentially shallower because of the lower velocity and in my mind more of a likely candidate for removal. The papers are normally very quick to release the Xrays if it's shotgun poisoning yet no photos? Whoever has done it is a right ******** nonetheless. 

54 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

Personally I find it hard to believe that 1 there were only two "shotgun" pellets in the bird and 2 that if they shotgun pellets they were of a significant enough size that a vet would try to remove them. Number 5 or 6 shot is pretty small, a peregrine is pretty small, I'm not a vet but I've cut up enough animals to know digging out a shotgun pellet is going to do a lot of damage and be difficult to find. An airgun pellet would be bigger and potentially shallower because of the lower velocity and in my mind more of a likely candidate for removal. The papers are normally very quick to release the Xrays if it's shotgun poisoning yet no photos? Whoever has done it is a right ******** nonetheless. 

Agree, no evidence to support our theory but I cannot imagine there is a strong medical reason to require operating to remove a tiny 0.08gram speck of e.g. no 7 shot. 

On 06/03/2020 at 12:41, greylag said:

i have had many an argument with pigeon fanciers who would shoot a BOP at the drop of a hat and poison them but its the shooting fraternity  that gets the blame

15 minutes ago, Old melv said:

Derbyshire times reporting that the pergrines injury were consistent with a collision.  on xray lead pellet were found but wounds had healed over.

Do you mean lead pellet or lead pellets?

A single pellet may indicate an air rifle. Multiple pellets would mean a shot gun cartridge was used.

This is critical information.