And again, shooters adding to our coffin

9 hours ago, old'un said:

Looks like they did not remove any shot/pellets, one thing I do not like is the headline implying the bird died from being shot…https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/crime/peregrine-falcon-dies-derbyshire-after-being-shot-2399469

It says . It died sometime after it had been shot . It does not say it died of been shot . The wound had healed indecating  it was some time later . This is what they are trying to find out . How it died .

3 hours ago, johnphilip said:

It says . It died sometime after it had been shot . It does not say it died of been shot . The wound had healed indecating  it was some time later . This is what they are trying to find out . How it died .

“Peregrine falcon dies in Derbyshire after being shot”....

a peregrine falcon was shot and later died.

The headline is implying it died from being shot.

27 minutes ago, old'un said:

Has there been two Peregrine Falcons killed at MillTower, Derbyshire?

This is the recent article….https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-51765926

And this one from 5 years ago….https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/mar/03/peregrine-falcon-found-shot-dead-at-derbyshire-wildlife-trusts-headquarters

Yes just seen that on another forum . So sad .

On 10/03/2020 at 20:51, Old melv said:

Xray revealed  the bird Had a lead shot in its body. 

Not very conclusive the article implies the bird died after being shot but states injurys consistent with a collision 

Yes just been reading that , will see if I can find the  youtube video 

Edited by johnphilip
Add video

From the location in the video, I’m sure someone would have heard a shotgun going off?
Where was it found? I wouldn’t put it past some anti shooting loony, to insert the shot into the bird themselves!......Why would any self respecting anti extremist miss a chance to blame shooters? After all, It wouldn’t feel anything, it was dead!.....

Why was it taken to a vet (by whom?) and who paid the vet for his time and the x ray?...........For what purpose was the bird taken to a vet? It was dead!

No wonder the Police won’t take action based on “evidence” provided by animal rights extremists......it’s too open to “doctoring”

46 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

From the location in the video, I’m sure someone would have heard a shotgun going off?
Where was it found? I wouldn’t put it past some anti shooting loony, to insert the shot into the bird themselves!......Why would any self respecting anti extremist miss a chance to blame shooters? After all, It wouldn’t feel anything, it was dead!.....

Why was it taken to a vet (by whom?) and who paid the vet for his time and the x ray?...........For what purpose was the bird taken to a vet? It was dead!

No wonder the Police won’t take action based on “evidence” provided by animal rights extremists......it’s too open to “doctoring”

The first alleged shooting was in 2015, the bird was found by a photographer dead outside the building in Belper, veterinary x-rays and further analysis revealed shot lodged in its shoulder, according to the article this was the cause of death.

The second recent bird was found outside the same building in Belper alive, x-rays showed pellets (which no one as seen) but the vets could not say if they were shotgun or air rifle pellets, the bird later died from its injuries which was consistent with a collision, since found to-be a car.

As you say seems very odd, first bird dies (2015) from one pellet in its shoulder, the second bird dies after being found alive but injured, report says x-rays revealed pellets but the x-ray was not included in the report.

On 10/03/2020 at 10:14, old'un said:

“Peregrine falcon dies in Derbyshire after being shot”....

a peregrine falcon was shot and later died.

The headline is implying it died from being shot.

don't trust birdy people they are always looking for donations 

what I read so far it dies in the hands of a vet  maybe too much anaesthetic  

Edited by Saltings

Why go to all that effort and expense to find some thing out they can do nothing about. Yes who ever did shoot it at some point is a plonker. It could have been an 11 year old kid with an air rifle or what ever. Maybe some over enthusiastic pigeon shooter got his reflexes in a tiz. But what is the point . Just drama and creating work for people 

Edited by captainhastings

8 hours ago, Saltings said:

don't trust birdy people they are always looking for donations 

what I read so far it dies in the hands of a vet  maybe too much anaesthetic  

If it had not been shot in the first place , it would not have needed a vet . Or maybe been hit by a vehicle  had something to do with it .

5 hours ago, johnphilip said:

If it had not been shot in the first place , it would not have needed a vet . Or maybe been hit by a vehicle  had something to do with it .

Sounds like, hit by car taken in and oh look its been shot, no xray being produced makes me suspicious, but still the news report will only provoke ager against shooters because " lead pellet was found." .....