50% increase

Walker570

You heard it first before the main media get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50% increase in deaths in UK from the VIRUS.    Two now.

I feel the whole thing is getting out of hand.  My wife was in Aldi yesterday and she said people where buying stuff in multiples obviously 'stocking up'.

Tell me I am not right.    I clicked on MSN where there was a list of how you where being affected by the virus. Almost 80% on there said, not at all.

Yet papers report panic in the streets. 

13 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yet papers report panic in the streets.

Bog roll aisle was virtually empty earlier, plus reports of a local village chemist selling Aldi hand sanitiser (49p) at £4.99 !!

There are opportunities out there in this brave new world boys :lol:

19 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

At this stage in the game the best thing you can do now .is get the virus .and then get better .

Agreed, catch it and get over it or die, then carry on, or not.

A bit like when you were a kid and someone in the area had something contagious, you were always sent round to play with them to get it over with....

6 minutes ago, Sprinter said:

Agreed, catch it and get over it or die, then carry on, or not.

A bit like when you were a kid and someone in the area had something contagious, you were always sent round to play with them to get it over with....

Weve sent our son to a 'pox' party along with all the other kids he knows. My parents done it to me 

I think this will be one of my last ever posts as I'm pretty much a gonna. The first death was a mere 6 miles (as the virus flies) from my very seat here. And I was born in that very hospital, so I'm sure I've caught it.

29 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

My wife .pointed out today that hand sanitizer gel is for killing bacteria  not viruses .

Its 100 %useless for this corvid 19 .

At this stage in the game the best thing you can do now .is get the virus .and then get better .

True, although alcohol-based ones will still work. And it may wash the virus off the hands. Plus it seems we've forgotten how to wash our hands, which is slightly embarrassing! We now need to be taught how to do that. It seems kids know all about being inclusive to the LGBTQ+ types, but can't wash their hands...

1 minute ago, strimmer_13 said:

Weve sent our son to a 'pox' party along with all the other kids he knows. My parents done it to me 

and mine to me. I'm pretty sure I didn't die either.

Thing is the government arw trying to delay the virus infection rate peak  until summer as this means the higher temps will make the virus die or at least slow it down .

As its summer in the southern hemisphere right now .they havent had as many cases YET  .

This virus will bounce back and forth with the seasons .north/ south.

So if you dont get it this winter you will get it next year .

The spanish flu of 1918 hung around for 30 years .

Sooner you get your immune system up to speed the better .

In all seriousness  the best thing you can do is take multi vits  stop drinking alcohol and breath fresh air  - get your body in its best shape now and stand the best chance you can have . 

Best of luck every body  

Apparently Boots in town were sold out of hand sanitiser the other day and awaiting new stock. It has to be 60% alchohol to be effective anyhow, so I’m sticking to gin! 
Off up to Scotland for a few days from Wednesday, and am basing my reluctance to buy the stuff on the fact that if everyone else has bought it I don’t need to! 😀

Heard it on the news and a mate of the woman’s who works in Aldi says people have been in bulk buying ,goes back to an exchange of words we had whilst wildfowling when a person said we should be buying all our food from supermarkets ,well who looks a #### now my  freezer is full and we are still living off last years main crop potatoes from atlotment 

Perhaps this will trigger a huge wave of change in society, where the blokes are going to *really* wash their hands after going to the toilet in pubs etc, instead of 'faking it' and exit quickly.

I'm not holding my breath tho... I've been opening doors with my elbows in pubs for years anyway.

18 minutes ago, buze said:

Perhaps this will trigger a huge wave of change in society, where the blokes are going to *really* wash their hands after going to the toilet in pubs etc, instead of 'faking it' and exit quickly.

I'm not holding my breath tho... I've been opening doors with my elbows in pubs for years anyway.

I was at the Tottenham vs Norwich FA cup game this week and there did seem to be a lot more men washing their hands after having a pee than normal. 

7 hours ago, Retsdon said:

That's downright frightening!

Or.......

Sound just like my experience from when I had ‘real flu’ , except he didn’t mention the copious amounts of blood in my sputum for the strain of coughing.

Ok, so my cat didn’t die though so his experience was more traumatic ( or not for those who despise moggies).

I don’t doubt that this variant of ‘Flu’ isn’t more virulent, but even I’m beginning to wonder if it hasn’t been with us longer than is suggested and just put down to seasonal flu?

• https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/#who-03-03-20 Information from China.
  •  
  • The formula they are using is: cumulative current total deaths / current confirmed cases. Therefore, as of 24:00 on Feb. 3, the formula used was 425/20,438.
  • Based on this figure, the national mortality rate to date was 2.1% of confirmed cases.
  • There might be mild cases and other cases not reported.
  • 97% of the country's total deaths (414) were in the Hubei Province.
  • Mortality rate in Wuhan was 4.9%.
  • Mortality rate in the Hubei Province was 3.1%.
  • Mortality rate nationwide was 2.1%.
  • Fatality rate in other provinces was 0.16%.
  • Deaths in Wuhan were 313, accounting for 74% of China's total.
  • Most of the cases were still mild cases, therefore there was no need to panic.
  • Asked why Wuhan was so much higher than the national level, the NHC official replied that it was for lack of resources, citing as an example that there were only 110 critical care beds in the three designated hospitals where most of the cases were sent.

Which brings us to the UK, (or Thailand, or Saudi for that matter). How many critical care beds are available in your local hospital? Because make no mistake, unless  the roughly 18% of patients who succumb to the full-blown version of Covid-19 get intensive hospital care for at least a couple of weeks, a high proportion of them will die. But hey ho, it's just a bad flu...

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

unless  the roughly 18% of patients who succumb to the full-blown version of Covid-19 get intensive hospital care for at least a couple of weeks, a high proportion of them will die. But hey ho, it's just a bad flu...

1dcf7db327c5492a5f5e37e3b15fc873.jpg

5 hours ago, Retsdon said:

It lasted 3 full weeks and you were diagnosed with pneumonia? Must have been extremely bad flu.

Actually I was bedridden for over a week and out of circulation for three weeks.

No, just as this virus- not everyone succumbs to pneumonia, just like everyone who goes into hospital contracts MRSA!!!!!

Pneumonia is not occurring in every patient.