The weather

old'un

Is spring here at last? not seen one drop of rain today in-fact its been glorious all day with the odd cloud and its been warm, got loads done in the garden as I doubt there be many pigeons on what rape there is, if we can keep this going for a few days we may see some sowing. :)

What’s it been like by you?

Weather glorious up here too!  I drove 25 miles to a farm for some decoying....approx 50 pigeons literally waiting (for me!) on the far side of the field, sitting on the hawthorn hedges. As soon as I stepped onto the rape field, they were off !  Not a cloud in the sky until approx 2.30.  No wind either...just a 2 mph puff.  Only had 6 shots...but no hits!

11 hours ago, AVB said:

I had my first fly fishing lesson today. Just enough breeze behind me so I wasn’t too embarrassed. 

hello, well done AVB another fly fisher on PW, where did you go, ? i am self taught from 50 plus years ago, my first day lake fishing cost a £ thats £1

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

28 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well done AVB another fly fisher on PW, where did you go, ? i am self taught from 50 plus years ago, my first day lake fishing cost a £ thats £1

Hi. I live on the Herts/Essex border and there is a lake a few miles away just outside Saffron Walden. The lake is spring fed and crystal clear. It is run by a syndicate of 25 members who stock it with Brown, Rainbow, Tiger and Spartic (!) trout. 

Edited by AVB

1 minute ago, AVB said:

Hi. I live on the Herts/Essex border and there is a lake a few miles away just outside Saffron Walden. The lake is spring fed and crystal clear. It is run by a syndicate of 25 members who stock it with Brown, Rainbow, Tiger and Spartic (!) trout. 

hello, well done, much like the lakes i sometimes fish, if that is the Causeway fly fishing club it looks very nice and members to, good luck

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well done, much like the lakes i sometimes fish, if that is the Causeway fly fishing club it looks very nice and members to, good luck

Yes it is Causeway. Thanks.