Electronic dog training collar wanted

Angieclean

Hi anyone selling a electronic dog training Collar to fit a large lab took it on as a rescue dog 90 percent of the time he’s sound then he will just take of and go for hundreds of yards tried everything else to try control him this is my last resort previous owner had same trouble I think 

Is he entire ? We use a Citronella/tone and vibration type, if your Dog gets a scent of a Bitch you will need more than a collar to stop him if he wants it. 

We tried an injection, we were not sure if we wanted to have him castrated or not, and to see what the affect was. It works very well i can recommend it, if obviously he still has his tackle. 

Sorry for detracting from your post

Thanks for the advice yes he’s entire first time he just took of for no reason next time I chased a rabbit around the field think the rabbit was having more fun than the lab lol he just totally switches off the previous owner considered having him put to sleep as he was so unpredictable he’s only 2 and a half years old so lm sure he can be sorted

8 minutes ago, Angieclean said:

Thanks for the advice yes he’s entire first time he just took of for no reason next time I chased a rabbit around the field think the rabbit was having more fun than the lab lol he just totally switches off the previous owner considered having him put to sleep as he was so unpredictable he’s only 2 and a half years old so lm sure he can be sorted

Go and see your vet, try the injection, nothing lost apart form some money, but you may see a huge difference. Just to add it is not the permanent one, it lasts for around 5-6 months. it is 100% reversible.  

Edited by Dougy

Try to get him sorted, the sooner the better. We didn't and kept putting it off.

We had a black bitch Lab' called Zilla. She was a runner. Excellent most of the time, but sometimes took off for no apparent (to me) reason. Took off one day and never came back after the usual 30 minutes or so. Looked everywhere, asked around and left phone number with different people. Sadly, heard two days later that she had been hit by a train.