Moving and my guns

Hi All

My guns (SGC - looking to apply for FAC) are currently at my family home in Manchester. 

I've just taken a job in Slough, so am looking for a room to rent here as a lodger. Unfortunately cant afford my own place, i'm a broke millennial!

I'm super confused on the law here. Can i bring my guns to slough and put them in a safe if i rent somewhere and the owner allows it?

can i leave my guns at home as that's still my 'permenant address?' I drive so i'l be going home quite alot. 

I'm a basc member but theyre lines are open when im in work so havent found time to ring them.

Thanks.

You can do either. If your landlord will allow it you can move your cabinet and guns to your new address, but you will have to inform the rozzers of your change of address, full in the relevant forms etc, or you can simply leave them where they are and do nothing. Up to you, but if you’re only going to be using them ‘back home’ I’d do the latter. 

Even if i'm just a lodger and don't own the place? What if theres other people lodging in the property?

I looked at one place today and the owner was very pro gun (she owns a farm in devon) but she works as a medic and said as she has a drugs licence she doubts i'd be allowed guns on the premises. 

I rented a property for a while and moved my guns into it with the approval of the landlady, but it was my permanent address at the time following a split with my ex. 
It requires informing licensing, a visit from your FEO and a new ticket . 
Other lodgers aren’t a problem as long as they don’t have access to your part of the property. 
I can’t understand why the presence of legitimate drugs on your landlady’s property should exclude you from having legitimate guns there. You’re entrusted with guns and she with drugs; seems an illogical assumption to me!

The only way to find out for sure is to ask. 

My best mate rented a room in yeovil whist working there and was specifically told 

1 no guns by the landlord 

2 wasn't allowed to drill holes anyway

3 he thought to hell with it and was going too anyway and got a check done by the police. They refused permission to store guns there as 1 guy was ex-army and had severe ptsd, the other I think had other problems.

I didn't realise they done checks like that even though he had a separate locked part of the house, he had to keep his guns at his parents in wales. 

@Baddaboom best bet for you is to have them stored at a shop/gun club. EJ Churchill will allow you to store guns there (but membership costs a bomb) -- I know a few people who store their gun at AC Sporting Target, about 1/2h away, might be your best bet if your new place doesn't have a safe/permission.

There's also Emmet & Stone, but I'm not sure they have the capacity at the moment as they are expanding.

As has been said you can do either. Personally I would leave them at your Manchester permanent address making sure only you have the safe keys with you if you do not intend to shoot around Slough. If you transfer you will have to change to Thames Valley and the hassle  isn’t worth it having lived in that patch for thirty odd years before moving north.