Nhs

spurs 14

I’ve come to the conclusion that pigeon shooting should be available on the Nhs !          We all know it !        How good does it feel to get out in the countryside , sat in a hide or under a tree or up against a hedgerow and watch the world go by , shoot a few pigeons and that feeling of well being and pleasure goes up , have a bumper bag and you’re walking on air !            Do we ever take time to realise how lucky we are ?         I love just grabbing the gun , handful of carts and the dog and just getting out for a few hours even if I don’t fire a shot ! 

I’m not in a high powered job or stressful , not suffering with depression or any other ills but I’m sure this could only help anyone who does , I guess people like packham and others would never see this side of shooting and with their blinkered way of thinking never will , they couldn’t or wouldn’t want to believe the benefits of being outdoors , enjoying the countryside , protecting crops , working dogs and generally enjoying life 

long may we be able to continue ! 

Well said spurs 14.  I sat in the hide for 4 hours today, only a few pigeons about, had 6 shots, missed them all (I'm a **** shot) but at least I was out and could physically get out! When I first walk onto any permissions, I always pause for thirty seconds, look around at all the fields, etc, and realise that I'm very lucky and privileged  to be able to do this at my age (as I'm a late starter) .  The biggest and current advantage is that you're away from any contagious folk who might be carrying the black death! 

2 hours ago, spurs 14 said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that pigeon shooting should be available on the Nhs !          We all know it !        How good does it feel to get out in the countryside , sat in a hide or under a tree or up against a hedgerow and watch the world go by , shoot a few pigeons and that feeling of well being and pleasure goes up , have a bumper bag and you’re walking on air !            Do we ever take time to realise how lucky we are ?         I love just grabbing the gun , handful of carts and the dog and just getting out for a few hours even if I don’t fire a shot ! 

I’m not in a high powered job or stressful , not suffering with depression or any other ills but I’m sure this could only help anyone who does , I guess people like packham and others would never see this side of shooting and with their blinkered way of thinking never will , they couldn’t or wouldn’t want to believe the benefits of being outdoors , enjoying the countryside , protecting crops , working dogs and generally enjoying life 

well said  sir    there's a lot more to shooting than pulling a trigger 

10 hours ago, spurs 14 said:

The only problem is, Mr Packham would argue that you could enjoy all the above without killing something, as many people do.

totally agree with th op,idrove just over a 100miles on wednesday last week,crows destroying emerging wheat,seedlings littered the field sat in the sun for 6 hours and got 9 crows,but was it worth it,,,yes the theraputic benefit is immeasurable.

10 hours ago, old'un said:

The only problem is, Mr Packham would argue that you could enjoy all the above without killing something, as many people do.

But for that don't you have to wear red socks with your trousers tucked into them, get in peoples way and have a really miserable expression on your face?