Who instigated Italian trips?

Dave-G

I'm really curious to know who or what organisation was behind all those kids and teachers going to Italy, how the trips were funded and were a bunch of trips to other EU countries in the offing as some sort of attempt to indoctrinate our youth into believing the EU is so important to them.

It could of course be nothing to do with the EU - and possibly more a case of showing how Italy and UK could work so well together without the EU.

I find it difficult to believe it was pure coincidence that so many school trips to a specific country were arranged without some kind of joined up motive.

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I'm really curious to know who or what organisation was behind all those kids and teachers going to Italy, how the trips were funded and were a bunch of trips to other EU countries in the offing as some sort of attempt to indoctrinate our youth into believing the EU is so important to them.

It could of course be nothing to do with the EU - and possibly more a case of showing how Italy and UK could work so well together without the EU.

I find it difficult to believe it was pure coincidence that so many school trips to a specific country were arranged without some kind of joined up motive.

Seriously? 
The availability of Snow plus mountains in Leicester ( plus most of the rest of the UK) is most probably a leading factor in the decision to travel to “Ski resorts” over that little stretch of water..... 

Is there anything you not blaming the EU for? Coronavirus and locust’s ???????

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Ski trips, cultural excursions for those learning Italian, gallery trips for those learning art etc. There are so many reasons kids would be going to Italy.

There will have been even more British kids on trips to France, Germany, Greece, USA etc if you added them all together but you’re not hearing about it because they weren’t at the same risk of bringing back Coronavirus.

You need to unplug your router and step back into reality, you’re not well.

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

My daughter was there on a Classics trip (Latin etc). Loved it.
2 lads I play hockey with were there skiiing.

Great food, culture and weather .... 

You’re seriously barking up the wrong tree on this.

To answer your questions.

My daughter has just come back from skiing in Italy. 

As mentioned snow and hills were the main consideration.

I paid for it.

It was organised by pan European society decended from the Knights Tempeler who have a secret headquarters under the Templars Church in the Inns of Court in London with the aim of recruiting British Youth for the war against the giant lizards including the royal family. But not Harry and Megan obviously because Canada is too cold for lizards and who has ever seen a ginger lizard anyway which proves his father is that Hewitt cad. 

Edited by Dibble

58 minutes ago, Dibble said:

I paid for it.

It was organised by pan European society decended from the Knights Tempeler who have a secret headquarters under the Templars Church in the Inns of Court in London with the aim of recruiting British Youth for the war against the giant lizards including the royal family. But not Harry and Megan obviously because Canada is too cold for lizards and who has ever seen a ginger lizard anyway which proves his father is that Hewitt cad. 

🤣

Probably closer to what the OP was looking for than the rest of the answers to be fair! 

There have been school trips to Italy for over 40 years that I know of.

Maybe the inventors of this disease spotted the potential route of distribution and headed straight there with concealed vials of the virus and released them in chalets while the innocents were out on the slopes.

Makes you wonder doesn't it.

In fact it's quite likely all that malarkey in Salisbury was a botched practice run.

Edited by 39TDS
Thought up more potential conspiracy scenarios

2 hours ago, Dibble said:

I paid for it.

Correct:lol:

On 07/03/2020 at 04:01, Dave-G said:

Absolutely nothing new in trips to Europe from schools, I went to Germany with my school back in 1985(ish) and the school went every year after that too (probably before but I wasn't there), it was funded by parents.

As said this time of year skiing is the main focus, later it will be historical places.

After school I've been several times to Italy, it's a great place to visit and that was nothing to do with the EU either, other countries have things to offer that we don't