Okay, what am I missing?

mick miller

The rush, nay, total loss of all sense over loo roll. 

If I'm correct, covid-19 can lead, at the worst, to a case of pneumonia, quite concerning for the elderly, infirm or anyone with underlying respiratory issues. 

I haven't read anything about a complete and total collapse of your 'aris, loss of bowel control or a dose of the screaming habdabs. 

What the hell am I missing here? For me, should there be a complete societal shutdown, bog roll is number 201 of my list of concerns or needs, for everyone else it appears that an uninterrupted number one, is number one. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mick miller said:

The rush, nay, total loss of all sense over loo roll. 

If I'm correct, covid-19 can lead, at the worst, to a case of pneumonia, quite concerning for the elderly, infirm or anyone with underlying respiratory issues. 

I haven't read anything about a complete and total collapse of your 'aris, loss of bowel control or a dose of the screaming habdabs. 

What the hell am I missing here? For me, should there be a complete societal shutdown, bog roll is number 201 of my list of concerns or needs, for everyone else it appears that an uninterrupted number one, is number one. 

Yep, you can always go continental and wash your rusty sheriff's badge with the shower. No loo roll, no problem!

I'm genuinely befuddled, at all three supermarkets locally, loo roll sells out as soon as it hits the shelves. 

I've often thought the majority of people are full of ****, this seems to prove the theory. 

Anyone reading this and sitting on four dozen rolls of Andrex, have a word with yourself. 

15 minutes ago, mick miller said:

I'm genuinely befuddled, at all three supermarkets locally, loo roll sells out as soon as it hits the shelves. 

You are not alone !  Our local Sainsbury`s were totally sold out yesterday, clear shelves, not a loo roll of any description in sight. The girl on the check out told my good lady that people were buying 10 packs at a time; in the large packs there are 10 rolls !!!! I mean who wants or needs 100 rolls ???  I can understand someone buying a few tinned steak & tiddly pies or other tinned goods to avoid the weekly scrummage, but 100 loo rolls defies belief. Unless there is a very dodgy curry complaint doing the rounds.

27 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

I think it may be down to the self isolation for 2 weeks and running out rather than a dose of the screaming trots.

say for  2 adults    X number of trips to the loo a day  (for a No 2)   by the number of sheets used  (unknown)  for 14 days I dont think you would need a bulk panic buy of bog roll,  just your weekly or monthly shopping when you would normally buy it, especially as most of the large supermarkets do home delivery. 

it just shows how a large amount of people are like sheep and just follow because someone has suggested it.  The mass purchase of bog roll world wide has gone viral quicker than the actual virus.   

If I moved back to the UK one of the first things I'd do would be to plumb in one of those squirter guns next to the toilet. And why? Well, if your dog crapped on the mat, would you wash the mat properly, or scrape the dog's mess off it with a handful of paper and call it a day?

I'm a complete convert to water these days and loathe paper with a passion. A) it hurts, and b) it's always so hit or miss. A horribly unhygienic business....

31 minutes ago, figgy said:

I think if you did have ring price collapso with Coronavirus, the last thing you would want is mountains of toilet roll.  I'd want a nice cold hose pipe to clean and south my sore ring.

Isn’t that a Caribbean dance? Mind you…you might be doing a dance if your ring has gone south.:whistling:

Edited by old'un

3 hours ago, VicW said:

When I was in the Military in the early sixties the bog roll had 'Government Property, written on every sheet. Whether the print came off on your ring piece I don't know, I couldn't see.

Vic.

Was told you were trained to only use 3 sheets...1 up, 1 down and 1 to shine