Credit Where it's Due

wymberley

And surprisingly, it's Halfords. Having just bought it and with a bit of dosh left over I thought I'd have a dash cam plus rear fitted in the Yeti. They did what they said they'd do when they said they would. Professional job and no complaint other than I thought that the rear camera could have gone a tad higher because of the dog but all was well.

The arthritis has left me a bit iffy mobility-wise upper body, neck and head and although the car has the maker's reversing system in the sat-nav screen this can I know from experience miss smaller protruding items as can I in the dark on the farm so I thought reversing camera. Exmouth couldn't do this so it had to be Exeter where I'm told that the camera would go on to the bumper. At this point I gambled thinking no one is going to be that stupid. Fitment date arrived so up I went. No, mate, who said that? The bloke behind the counter did. No, it'll go on the shelf bit with the number plate lights on. - As per the X Trail. I go for a wander and come back heading for Costa and the car is in bits. OMG can he get that back together?. Bit of trouble with the earth but soon all was done and apart from the camera and screen now being in place you'd never have known the car had been in bits. Oh, just a minute mate, did we fit the dash cam? Yep, Exmouth. I see the dog hairs, if you like I'll just get another mount I have a couple of spares lying around so I'll take yours off and stick one still within the wiper cover but a bit higer up.

Nuff said.

10 minutes ago, wymberley said:

And surprisingly, it's Halfords. Having just bought it and with a bit of dosh left over I thought I'd have a dash cam plus rear fitted in the Yeti. They did what they said they'd do when they said they would. Professional job and no complaint other than I thought that the rear camera could have gone a tad higher because of the dog but all was well.

The arthritis has left me a bit iffy mobility-wise upper body, neck and head and although the car has the maker's reversing system in the sat-nav screen this can I know from experience miss smaller protruding items as can I in the dark on the farm so I thought reversing camera. Exmouth couldn't do this so it had to be Exeter where I'm told that the camera would go on to the bumper. At this point I gambled thinking no one is going to be that stupid. Fitment date arrived so up I went. No, mate, who said that? The bloke behind the counter did. No, it'll go on the shelf bit with the number plate lights on. - As per the X Trail. I go for a wander and come back heading for Costa and the car is in bits. OMG can he get that back together?. Bit of trouble with the earth but soon all was done and apart from the camera and screen now being in place you'd never have known the car had been in bits. Oh, just a minute mate, did we fit the dash cam? Yep, Exmouth. I see the dog hairs, if you like I'll just get another mount I have a couple of spares lying around so I'll take yours off and stick one still within the wiper cover but a bit higer up.

Nuff said.

They fitted one for me (not bought from Halfords) and I was pleased with the service.