Silencer

Dknight

I just kept the one on which came with it. It's glued on I believe and won't come off. So unless you cut the barrel.... 

I genuinely love mine, there has only been 2 break barrels I've ever loved, a bsa supersport (early 90's) and this. My advice is forget worrying about the silencer (even tho it looks ****) and buy a tinbum tuning kit, polish the internals and get some heavy jsbs. 

If you don't wanna listen to any of that 😂 I think the Chinese airgun forum has a lot of info regarding barrel work i.e silencer removal, strip downs guides ect for it. 

hello, i had a similar springer, i got off the plastic one like yours, very carefully, then cleaned up barrel, make sure you do not damage the crown, i then had a slip on silencer made out of Delrin, google Remington Express silencer removal, mine was glued on so i put in boiling water and it twisted off with some mole grips, your need to check the barrel diameter with a micrometer, or check on google, once you do this i can let you know who can make you a slip on silencer silencer

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

It's almost certainly glued on. So, a bit of GENTLE heating will loosen it enough to remove. Check there are no grub screws  that need to be removed. Then once it's off, you can either get a slip on one that tightens with grubs or you can get a slip on adapter that turns the end into a 1/2" UNF, then you can buy any UNF silencer.

When heating, you will probably ruin the plastic silencer; it's a one way ticket I'm afraid. Also take care not to heat it so much that the plasic on the inside melts then fuses to the barrel. You want just enough heat to break the fix of the glue, but no more. Slow and steady; heat on, heat off, heat on, heat off and a bit of gentle twisting in between. Wear gloves to get a better grip and to protect your hands from the heat!

If you're really careful, you might save the plastic silencer/ front open sight, but don't count on it! If keeping the open sights is important, then I'd leave it alone!

13 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i had a similar springer, i got off the plastic one like yours, very carefully, then cleaned up barrel, make sure you do not damage the crown, i then had a slip on silencer made out of Delrin, google Remington Express silencer removal, mine was glued on so i put in boiling water and it twisted off with some mole grips, your need to check the barrel diameter with a micrometer, or check on google, once you do this i can let you know who can make you a slip on silencer silencer

hello, just to add the barrel diameter is 15.20mm average according to those that took off their Remingtons, then 2 choices either a 15mm adapter and need to shim, or a 15.5 slip on silencer and shim, i used a strip from a coke can, failing that you could cut off the plastic end and re crown barrel, its pretty basic work,  

Or check our Remington Express AR1 . It's tuned by Lyn Lewington , aka venoman on airgunbbs. He sells various bits and pieces for the remy express including a silencer. I have one of his  set back triggers fitted and have poilshed everything to an inch of it's life. Makes for a much lighter and crisp trigger break.