Sim game day

spurs 14

Well I’ve had a fantastic day , first time I’ve been on a simulated game shoot , loved it and definitely won’t be the last one !

Went to quidenham estate in Norfolk and was looked after from the minute I got there to leaving , tea and bacon rolls , then a briefing and peg draw , four drives on the day two guns on each peg one shooting one reloading then swop over , first drive then a coffee , hot choccy or choice of other , second drive then elevensies hot soup, sausage rolls, sausages , cake and choice of drinks , third drive then lunch break and boy what a spread !!!!then out for last drive and back for coffee /tea and goodbyes , drives were a good mix of what you would find in the field like pheasant , duck , partridge and for me the best - grouse , 

went through just over 400 carts , but there’s no pressure on anyone shoot as fast as you like or be selective I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone , dearer than a day clay shooting but so much more fun and I think great value for money , everyone should have a treat now and then ,won’t be my last one !!! 

My thanks to shoot captain Jess for showing a great day 

They seem to be more popular quite a few places doing them , can see why , choose one that offers the same day as a game day with lunch , elevenses etc and it’s a fantastic day for a fraction of the cost but the bonus is a lot more shooting ! 

45 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

They seem to be more popular quite a few places doing them , can see why , choose one that offers the same day as a game day with lunch , elevenses etc and it’s a fantastic day for a fraction of the cost but the bonus is a lot more shooting ! 

Was anyone using and auto?

19 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Was anyone using and auto?

Hi no no one had an auto , don’t think they would stop you if you asked I think it’s that trying to get the whole feel of a game day where I think you would be frowned upon if you rocked up with one , as mentioned you’re two up on the peg the other acting a loader , wouldn’t work with an auto , it was an experience being a loader as well ! 

But as said just ask them I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem , 

58 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

Hi no no one had an auto , don’t think they would stop you if you asked I think it’s that trying to get the whole feel of a game day where I think you would be frowned upon if you rocked up with one , as mentioned you’re two up on the peg the other acting a loader , wouldn’t work with an auto , it was an experience being a loader as well ! 

But as said just ask them I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem , 

Thank you for the feedback 👍

Edited by Farmboy91

To be honest my semi gets far more use than the o/u , I’m out after the pigeons etc far more than the clays , pull the o/u out sometimes for a walk round just feel guilty if I leave it in the cabinet for too long , neither are expensive but wanted them to use rather than being worried about them getting wet or scratched ,