Still on osr 3 days

dad

after the last post of 22 on the monday it was so windy i left going untill friday when the wind eased a bit,i dont like decoying in strong wind. I got there about 11am and there wasnt that many about maybe 500 and nothing arriving so i put them up to see what they would do with thoughts of going home, they all got up and sat in the trees some way back from the field and soon started to return in 3s and 4s to where i had put them up from on the other side of field so i decided to give it a go i put up hide and set out deeks and rotary then walked to other side to put them up again and put out scarecrows and settled in they soon started to come again to same spot shyed from scarecrows swung towards me and decoyed well it didnt last long but i managed a quick 14 in 2 hours then they went elsewhere and i packed up.on monday this week the wind really dropped and i had decided that first wind free day i would go to other side of field and have wind in my face because they seem to prefer that side and i noticed a stronger flightline last time so after putting 4 string bangers out in addition to 3 gasguns already there and 3 more bangers put out by farmer before my arrival i trudged over the over side and set up on the boundary hedge i put up an umbrella for head cover as i expected some to come from behind i put out rotary 2 angels 9 flocked shells and waited for action that wasnt long coming things were pretty hectic for about 4 hours unfortunately too many came from behind and were over shooting the deeks set at 40yds and were 60 yarders before i could fire enough would turn round and come back to give a better shot plus birds coming from the front and turning in front of me for an easier shot the wind got stronger as the day went on and quite cold in my face and the cart ratio went up but i ended with 49 a good day. i had some drilled beans to look at today put in yesterday the farmers said birds were going to it as he was drilling about 60 acres in all he hadnt quite finished when i got there this morning at 10.30 but there was nothing but seagulls and crows on it i think it will be a field we leave alone as the track is so muddy and parts downhill I'm sure I'll get stuck and the walk would be 4 or 5 hundred yards so i went to the rape again and shot another 24. Not sure if posted in right order. Some birds were picked up after photo

20200217_151517_compress71.jpg

20200217_151453_compress89.jpg

20200207_161109_compress54.jpg

Another great report ( dad ) and THANKS for sharing .

We seem light years from getting 49 at the moment , some of our rape plants believe it or not are higher than my dog and this morning there was odd plants that are well over three feet high .

Yesterday the tractors were back on the land during what they were bought for , working the land and getting it ready for this years crops , so my light years might only consist of a few days , Hopefully ,....... We have seen it all before and if we live long enough we are sure to see it again :good:

Many thanks for posting yet another good report. Your view of 'not many about maybe 500' would have pleased many I'm sure, so if you could send some of those in a southerly direction, it would be greatly appreciated :good:

Also your bag of 49 would also please many on here.

Thanks again for posting.

Look forward to your next report.

OB