410 hushpower cartridges

Hi all.

I have recently brought a single barrel yildiz 410 fully moderated hushpower.

The only subsonic cartridges i have tried so far are the 3" lyavale express magnasonic 17g 5's 

I find these quiet in comparison to the standard 410 cartridges.

I have seen good reviews for the 24g cheddite, has anyone had any experience using these or is there any others that you would recommend. 

Thanks.  

I wouldn't waste your time. They are far too heavy for such a small bore and are likely to be very slow. I found that a lot if 3" 410 shells are sub 1100fps by my chrono and so are subsonic anyway. Eley are a good example, I couldn't tell the difference between standard 3" and subs. Just buy Eley 3" fibre in my opinion.

Edited by sitsinhedges

14 hours ago, sitsinhedges said:

I wouldn't waste your time. They are far too heavy for such a small bore and are likely to be very slow. I found that a lot if 3" 410 shells are sub 1100fps by my chrono and so are subsonic anyway. Eley are a good example, I couldn't tell the difference between standard 3" and subs. Just buy Eley 3" fibre in my opinion.

Ok il look into the eley . 

Thanks for your help .👍

13 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Best all rounders by a long way are the gamebore hunting  16 or 18 grm no6 .

If i could only ever shoot 1 .410 cart from now on it would be these  

They are quiet and kill well .

Do they do these in fibre.  As i can only seem to find plastic and with me using a hushpower its recommend not to use plastic cartridges. 

Thanks.

17 hours ago, Downesy said:

Hi all.

I have recently brought a single barrel yildiz 410 fully moderated hushpower.

The only subsonic cartridges i have tried so far are the 3" lyavale express magnasonic 17g 5's 

I find these quiet in comparison to the standard 410 cartridges.

I have seen good reviews for the 24g cheddite, has anyone had any experience using these or is there any others that you would recommend. 

Thanks.  

I

When puchasing cartridges, i buy eley 3 inch fibre no7 and run these through the hushpower.

1 hour ago, Downesy said:

Ok il look into the eley . 

Thanks for your help .👍

Do they do these in fibre.  As i can only seem to find plastic and with me using a hushpower its recommend not to use plastic cartridges. 

Thanks.

The issue with plaswads in a hushpower isnt the actual moderator and the baffels (the wads dont hit or clip these ) 

Its the porting along the inside of the barrel that shaves off small bits of the wad which then end up inside your mod between it and the barrel .

So if you have a fully moderated gun like a mossberg  with ports its best not to use plaswads  

If you have just a can on the end of a smooth barrel then plaswads are ok  

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

The issue with plaswads in a hushpower isnt the actual moderator and the baffels (the wads dont hit or clip these ) 

Its the porting along the inside of the barrel that shaves off small bits of the wad which then end up inside your mod between it and the barrel .

So if you have a fully moderated gun like a mossberg  with ports its best not to use plaswads  

If you have just a can on the end of a smooth barrel then plaswads are ok  

Aah ok i have the fully moderated gun with the ported barrel.  Thanks for the info 👍

2 hours ago, Downesy said:

Aah ok i have the fully moderated gun with the ported barrel.  Thanks for the info 👍

I have used mostly plastic wads in my silenced guns. I have had no issues, but you do get a little plastic in the moderator.