Rifle rest

Walker570

I have a couple of places I sit for tree rats where I don't have a blind to sit in and therefore have to make up some sort of rest for the rifle.   I was delving through some old bits and pieces today and came across this old camera tripod.......PING!!!   an idea came to me this could be used and portable.  See photos for the result.  Bits of scrap timber and Aldi floor mat plus an old strap from a big torch I had way back 30yrs ago and no longer use.   Looks like it may just do the job and light enough to walk into shooting spots no problem.

First pic... folded and slung on my chair as it would be on my shoulder

Second pic... set up with air rifle in position ready to go.

It is remarkably stable as the top joint locks solid where ever you need it but can still be swivelled right and left.

004.jpg

005.JPG

I use an s 200 for ratting and I bought a secondhand fore end and mounted a bracket to it with a female camera thread (I think it's quarter unc) so that I can mount it direct to the tripod. Also got a picattinny rail on it for IR torch etc. Lock it onto where your shooting and you can go hands free! Edited to add put the mount at the point of balance.

Edited by stumfelter