Shotgun stock alterations

TRINITY

have it fitted properly it will save you tweaking because you missed  watched a guy shoot dtl  tweak up a bit  left a bit right a bit  as inconsistent     had a look   miles too high and left  re adjusted  scores back up the lost target or two was down to pilot error     fitted or adjustable call john Wiseman  Cannock  or adjustable doveridge gunsmiths     a couple hundred £ for adjustable       fitting I cant say as over thirty years ago I put my hand in my pocket and still use today        if you change your guns regularly adjustable bits      if you keep them fit them  would be my advise 

£200-£250 for adjustable comb, Welshwarrior on here does it. 

Completely agree with @Saltings above, adjustable allows you to retain value In future sale whereas fitted is more bespoke. However if you are not a steady hand at the tiller do not go for adjustable. Set up properly once with a fitter, friend or coach. Then leave well alone. 

Why do you want one ? Simple question but you may think this is the way forward for you but I would suggest you explore all other options first .

Have yo consulted an experienced stock fitter ? Thats someone who actually does alterations not some guy at a club who try;s to sell you something you dont need or pushes his preferences on to you .

Unless you have specific physical needs most standard stocks can be adjusted to some degree . It may also be that a simple change in you stance and mount can make all the difference.

I have a miroku trap gun which i shoot with the most. I have a sporter which is fine for general shooting but on dtl or abt i cant hit a thing. I find the sight line quite different. I was considering an adjustable comb on the sporter so I would have a spare gun for trap shooting. A proper adjustable comb on the sporter seems the answer, so it's now a balancing act between a professional alteration or trade in.

39 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

I have a miroku trap gun which i shoot with the most. I have a sporter which is fine for general shooting but on dtl or abt i cant hit a thing. I find the sight line quite different. I was considering an adjustable comb on the sporter so I would have a spare gun for trap shooting. A proper adjustable comb on the sporter seems the answer, so it's now a balancing act between a professional alteration or trade in.

How often does your Miroku Trap Gun go wrong?

3 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

That's exactly how I do things now. However without going into great detail there are situations that it is far more preferable just to only have one gun. 

Then stick to a single weapon. I shoot a "sporterised" Trap gun at clays.

On 10/03/2020 at 09:34, TRINITY said:

have a look for a trap stock  on sales sites    or phone a few gunsmiths   Wisemans at  Cannock   Elderkins at Spalding  the gun trade Birmingham or similar  they will have something as some change the woodwork as not matching  (too light   straight grained bland )  will be cheaper than alterations  a few 10p calls and a bit of time cane save you hundreds