12g hushpowers

Purchased a single shot  Hushpower 12 g  baikal over the weekend for use on pigeons and a few blacks near paddocks and a few houses nearby so needed to cut down on noise situation, anyway I’ve had a 410 Hushpower for years so thought it was time to upgrade to a 12 for better killing range and ability and boy was I surprised at how quite they actually are, a very good quiet gun ideall for people in similar circumstances, unfortunately I did not shoot very well with it on the first attempt getting 9 rooks for 25 shots, I found the subsonic 32 -6 to be very quiet but useless at hitting and killing with 12 misses in a row. But with the right ammo? I think this will be the way forward for me, if anyone else uses a 12 Hushpower which ammo r people favouring thanks

The subsonics certainly require readjustment to shooting technique. If the performance of the subsonics doesn't work for you then you have two options. Reload or just use normal cartridges. Some have found success in reloading and there is likely some performance gain to be found in pusting closer to the speed of sound. I just use my normal shells as the sound reduction through a full length moderator is still huge. 

Edited by theshootist