.410 & non tox reloading knowledgebase.

Many on here are experienced and know the .410 very well, i am not one of these people unfortunately.

But given the thread on small bores . I noticed that people were using .410s and not doing half bad with non tox within its expected use and employed shot media.

I started this thread for those who know the .410 and its ways and might have input to share with others on the challenge of non tox and this small gun. it opens up the world of TSS and other Hw shots, and steel bismuth etc.

Has anyone any direct or learned information on these matters they would want to share here , and care to debate any way ahead for this small gun on mon tox.

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

Only shot bismuth factory(Eley) and some home loads with a tungsten mix pellet from Clay & Game...strange shape they where...but they seemed to do the job on ducks out to 30yrds or so

It was more reloading walker i was thinking of here, kind of like a think tank knowledge base on anything known tested or in your things to do or try. Like powders. I like SP3 in lead, imagine it would be ok with a bismuth reload. But i know very little about .410s. And others thought or findings on what powders work and dont, if shared talked about i think many on here could benefit, the subsonic talk on here today interesting stuff. I hope we can get some worthwhile input exchanging here on the .410. .

Gotcha !!   Yes, I now use SP3 exclusively but initially I did use H110 with the funny shaped tungsten stuff.  I rarely shoot at ducks these days so no longer load non tox.  The loads with H110 worked fine and once I have a winner I tend to stick with it and don't play around. 

16 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Gotcha !!   Yes, I now use SP3 exclusively but initially I did use H110 with the funny shaped tungsten stuff.  I rarely shoot at ducks these days so no longer load non tox.  The loads with H110 worked fine and once I have a winner I tend to stick with it and don't play around. 

Thats the kind of input i though .410 shooters might benefit from here.