Claiming Back On A Debit Card For Undelivered Goods

marsh man

Evening all .... Have any of you ever claimed the cost of a undelivered item on your debit card ?

Might be easier if I gave you a few of my details ...... Last Sunday week I bought online a new cooker extractor hood , having spent a bit of time looking at the different suppliers and reading the feedback I ordered one from a firm called Appliance Source , they sent a email straight away with my order number , then the next day I got another email which was my invoice and a delivery date , all good so far , they couldn't give us a time for delivery so we waited in all day , at 4.30pm I rang them up to see if they knew when it would arrive and all I got was a  voice mail and when it got to nine o clock we knew it wasn't going to come , so next morning I rang again after nine and still a voice mail , I also sent a email asking what happened to it and if it is not on it's way I will cancel it and would expect a full refund .

Up to now I have heard nothing , Saturday I went up to my bank and told them the situation , after they made a couple of phone calls the lady wrote me out a fraud case number and said the forms will come in the post .

That is as far as I have got , 

So if any of you good guys have been in the same situation , what happens next and would I get my payment back from the bank which was just under £200. THANKS for reading and any advice would be much appreciated

13 minutes ago, gdadphil said:

Hi MM

Sorry to read your difficulties.. it's a real pain

I hope this helps to add to your understanding

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/how-youre-protected-when-you-pay-by-card

best regards

Gdadphil

THANKS for your help , reading the link I have got to keep my fingers crossed that my bank can get the money off the firm so that they can transfer it back to me .

All the best    MM

Sorry to hear of your problem MM. I had something similar a few years back and was told by my bank that the repayment by them was discretionary, but I did get it back after about three weeks. They also advised for future to buy on a credit card as this gives more security in such situations. I didn't have any credit but took their advice, opened a credit account and only buy stuff online using the credit card which I then pay off in full each month so don't pay interest.

I know that doesn't help you in this instance and I sincerely hope that you get your money back, but might be of some use in the future.

The link that gradphil posted seems to be quite helpful.

The company that you dealt with appears to have a very good reputation, so hopefully it will get sorted.

Good luck.

OB

6 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Sorry to hear of your problem MM. I had something similar a few years back and was told by my bank that the repayment by them was discretionary, but I did get it back after about three weeks. They also advised for future to buy on a credit card as this gives more security in such situations. I didn't have any credit but took their advice, opened a credit account and only buy stuff online using the credit card which I then pay off in full each month so don't pay interest.

I know that doesn't help you in this instance and I sincerely hope that you get your money back, but might be of some use in the future.

The link that gradphil posted seems to be quite helpful.

The company that you dealt with appears to have a very good reputation, so hopefully it will get sorted.

Good luck.

OB

Cheers Chris ( OB ) ..... This was the first time that I had dealt with an online company that have been a disaster , although nowadays I seem to get a few first times mishaps , all to do with playing about with  modern technology , still we live and learn.:lol:

1 hour ago, Modafinale said:

It’s called ‘ Claw back’

phone or go into your branch and fill in a form ! I did it years ago from a Spanish registered company, took a while but eventually my money came back 

THANKS for info ..... I did go into my bank that was the card provider and I am still waiting for the forms to come through my letter box .

All the best  MM

Know how you feel i ordered some things from the net advert said 4 to .7 days delivery this was on 1st feb only £39 monies taken out my debit account 2nd feb  received e-mail to say they had my order and would let me know when it was processed.. 

Then completely forgot other things on my mind a few days later came across the last e-mail they sent me ( then found it was from USA ) so up till now i have sent 4 polite e-mails asking the state of play never even had the decency to reply to me is it possible for the bank to get my monies back ?? with it being a debit card..

1 hour ago, kennett said:

Might be worth leaving them a Google review, just had a quick look and someone gave them a 1 star review for not answering emails (amongst other things!) They replied in depth the same day 

THANKS for that , I have just gave them a Google review and hopefully they will respond to mine , if I am going to lose out it's better to voice your opinion rather let them walk all over you .

6 hours ago, discobob said:

They have been trading a while on the interweb

image.png.5be835a84f803b51713b0a0b7fc52889.png

But not goo feedback scores here

image.png.04ae64a29468055f9c28f8ac57112fcc.png

Hi   .... After being advised by a PW member to send a Google review , which I did , Low and behold I got a message the next morning to say my order was was going to be delivered on that day ( yesterday ) I had already told them on the email I sent the day after it was due to be delivered , saying if it wasn't on the way that day then I want to cancel it and expect a full refund , I was out yesterday when it did come and I had already told my wife if it did come not to accept it and not to sign any delivery notes .

I emailed them yesterday to tell then the situation and that my bank had gave me a fraud case number , today I got another email to say due to staff illness they couldn't get back to me as soon as they normally do . Draw your own conclusions .

So I should now get a full refund that should be back in bank account in 3 to 5 days time ,  certainly one company to give a wide berth .

On 12/03/2020 at 16:05, marsh man said:

Hi   .... After being advised by a PW member to send a Google review , which I did , Low and behold I got a message the next morning to say my order was was going to be delivered on that day ( yesterday ) I had already told them on the email I sent the day after it was due to be delivered , saying if it wasn't on the way that day then I want to cancel it and expect a full refund , I was out yesterday when it did come and I had already told my wife if it did come not to accept it and not to sign any delivery notes .

I emailed them yesterday to tell then the situation and that my bank had gave me a fraud case number , today I got another email to say due to staff illness they couldn't get back to me as soon as they normally do . Draw your own conclusions .

So I should now get a full refund that should be back in bank account in 3 to 5 days time ,  certainly one company to give a wide berth .

Glad it worked out, online reviews have a huge effect of companies so worth a try!

On 11/03/2020 at 15:28, hawkeye said:

Quick phone call to my bank this morning they are going to sort it out and claim my monies back..

Well that worked they said they would contact the company .

Just checked my bank account this morning to pay some bills and there is my money transfered back into my account jobs a good un....