Replacement vehicle.

shooterman49

Evening all. Looking for some advice on a replacement vehicle for my pinin. I need something a little bigger as have grand kids on the way. Will be mainly used for town work but out the farm on weekends so need reasonable off road capability. Have looked at the santa fe and the mitsubishi outlander but unsure what there like off road. Anyone have any experience of these models. Budget around 7-8000 so looking at around a 10 or 11 plate. Any advice would be welcome. Cheers Pete. 

Can highly recommend the outlander. I have an 08 reg with 70k on it has been great. Super reliable, good mpg and 7 seats which is handy. I have had mine 2 years now and it has proved its worth off road a few times, the only downside is a/t tyre choice is limited, but i have found some general grabber at2 that fit and it does very well on them. The car suits as a family car and shooting truck no problem, prefer it to the landrover discovery and octavia scout i previously had.(also tows very well).

I have also heard the dacia duster is very good?

My old pinin rotted out around the back suspension and went off to the great car park in the sky, I picked up a 2004 2 door Suzuki vitara off eBay, its fantastic, goes anywhere, very light and skims over muddy fields, never been stuck yet, you might look at the 4 door which is easier with kids but the back seats still drop down flat giving plenty of room for pigeon gear, they are also very reasonably priced with plenty of spares in scrap yards, I love it and will look for another when I have wrecked this one, 👍