Flappers which one?

Paul5tag

Hi lads, Having shot for too many years with magnet and shell decoys and dead birds of course, I feel the relationship has gone a bit stale.I want to spice things up a bit in the decoying department. So I’ve decided to move into the twentieth and twenty first century and buy a new fangle flapper gizmo,apparently guaranteed to add excitement to a dull decoy pattern.So what I’m asking is,which ones best!

5 minutes ago, Paul5tag said:

Cheers pigeonpopper,  It is on the short list, what is this discount for pw members you speak of and more importantly how do you claim it ATB Paul.

hello, not sure but last time i bought from A1 it was same as post costs, they all seem expensive compared to a magnet, i suppose it is a decent motor yet the Nitehawke 300rpm turbo is half the price and remote, anyway good luck

Hi, I have had 2 turbo flappers for around 5 years, they do suffer a slight problem if used constantly, the motors on mine have both fallen apart due to the screws coming undone ( probably the vibration) which resulted in the small epicyclic gearbox exploding, I did manage on 3 occasions to rebuild but the last one was terminal, I still have the frame but sadly no good without the motor assembly.

The inner linkage is a bit heath robinson and both of these are now well worn making the arms very 'floppy'

The price with timer control was about £45 each so considering how much I have used them , not too bad.

I am now looking to replace probably with one of the FF6 as suggested by Peejay , good luck with your 'upgrade'👍

4 minutes ago, peejay said:

ff6 pal.. the best on the market

Yes that does seem to figure very highly, but looking at it ,there’s a lot of connections and mechanics going on, say compared to the A1 model. Wondering how all the gubbins would fair in transportation. Anyway thanks for your view .I think it’ll be one of the two above .

14 minutes ago, lakeside1000 said:

Hi, I have had 2 turbo flappers for around 5 years, they do suffer a slight problem if used constantly, the motors on mine have both fallen apart due to the screws coming undone ( probably the vibration) which resulted in the small epicyclic gearbox exploding, I did manage on 3 occasions to rebuild but the last one was terminal, I still have the frame but sadly no good without the motor assembly.

The inner linkage is a bit heath robinson and both of these are now well worn making the arms very 'floppy'

The price with timer control was about £45 each so considering how much I have used them , not too bad.

I am now looking to replace probably with one of the FF6 as suggested by Peejay , good luck with your 'upgrade'👍

Cheers lakeside who supplies the turbo flappers?

7 minutes ago, peejay said:

had mine since they came out (ff5 and ff6) never had any problem with them.. 

Cheers Peejay,  nowt better than a field test!

15 hours ago, Paul5tag said:

Cheers lakeside I looked into it I think it’s A1.

Don't forget that A1decoy offer PW members a 5% discount on selected items. (as previously pointed out by oldypigeonpopper in his previous post-sorry OPP didn`t see your post)

This was negotiated by Teal a few years ago.

Worth looking into.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy