Alex Salmon......(ugh)

ditchman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst not a fan of the guy I can't help but temper the thought with the knowledge that an acquaintance of mine is a couple of years into a 7 year stretch for an alleged sexual assaults that was supposed to have happened over 40 years ago.   No DNA evidence, light on circumstantial fact, not even dates were proven (as the defence had proof to contrary) and yet the judge instructed the jury and the guy went to prison.  Salmond would have known the risk of it all going badly wrong.

1 hour ago, Cosmicblue said:

Whilst not a fan of the guy I can't help but temper the thought with the knowledge that an acquaintance of mine is a couple of years into a 7 year stretch for an alleged sexual assaults that was supposed to have happened over 40 years ago.   No DNA evidence, light on circumstantial fact, not even dates were proven (as the defence had proof to contrary) and yet the judge instructed the jury and the guy went to prison.  Salmond would have known the risk of it all going badly wrong.

That is terrible, how can someone come back after all that time and accuse someone without evidence, think we all did a few parties in the 70s 80s, when I was in my teens (late 60s) I could not believe some of the things that went on at some of the parties I was invited to, needless to say there was a lot of heavy petting going on in every bedroom and the garden.

Its freighting to think that anyone could come back after 40, 50 years and accuse you of something you know is a lie.

Edited by old'un

On 11/03/2020 at 19:50, panoma1 said:

Frog?

I thought that "racist" comments were not allowed on here...🤔. (😂...  ). Ooops.... my mistake, you did not use a  capital F...However the physical resemblance is remarkable..... a wee, slimy , web-footed, bug-eyed..er...politician??

On 12/03/2020 at 14:52, Flashman said:

Wee Jimmie Krankie favours a fish supper, but that type of Salmon is off the menu.

CLASSIC..!!!!   😂🤣.....🤔....🙄.....🤢....🤮

Me thinks something stinks in the whole case.  Too many people taking powers and using them to suit their own ends hence the illegal actions taken by the lady at the top of the scottish service who started the whole thing rolling.   Sturgeon herself will be up for a grilling as to why she set that lady in action and also what did she do herself about the allegations?  The civil service has been left looking complicit in the shambolic handling of this case and Police Scotland will soon be on the case too.  The current health status of the whole country may mean a temporary hold on the investigations to be held.  I do not personally like Salmond but he was acquitted on all charges but one that was withdrawn. If it was you in the frame would you not feel glad of that decision?  

😉

30 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

Me thinks something stinks in the whole case.  Too many people taking powers and using them to suit their own ends hence the illegal actions taken by the lady at the top of the scottish service who started the whole thing rolling.   Sturgeon herself will be up for a grilling as to why she set that lady in action and also what did she do herself about the allegations?  The civil service has been left looking complicit in the shambolic handling of this case and Police Scotland will soon be on the case too.  The current health status of the whole country may mean a temporary hold on the investigations to be held.  I do not personally like Salmond but he was acquitted on all charges but one that was withdrawn. If it was you in the frame would you not feel glad of that decision?  

😉

you can bet your last penny that he is talking to his briefs right now....and i dont mean his "Y" fronts neither

I thought one of the more serious attempted rape allegation was judged not proven. My limited understanding is they believed the allegation made but also feel that there is not sufficient supporting evidence to convict beyond reasonable doubt. 

I stand to be corrected if wrong

From another source, and I am not seeking to slander anyone and we must be very careful not to spread misinformation so treat this question in an adult and balanced way as a genuine question.

Is it or is it not true that Alex Salmond appointed the Judge that tried him?

no speculation please 

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

From another source, and I am not seeking to slander anyone and we must be very careful not to spread misinformation so treat this question in an adult and balanced way as a genuine question.

Is it or is it not true that Alex Salmond appointed the Judge that tried him?

no speculation please 

Don't think so. Judge (Lady Dorrian) was appointed in 2016 at the recommendation of the First Minister.  First Minister in 2016 was Sturgeon. https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/about-the-scottish-court-service/scs-news/2016/04/13/appointment-of-lord-justice-clerk

Edited to add: But there was a jury, it's not just a judge.

Edited by Piebob
as per edit

What I heard / read, was that the main accuser was also a political woman, and may have had political incentives to get rid of Mr Salmond. 

Apparently she contacted all the other accusers prior to any of them coming forward. 

Very odd situation / conspiracy ... “shall we have a whip around of sexual abuse allegations?” ... 

Question is ... who wants him out? And why? 

And if the woman did do that ... will she be charged for perverting the course of justice? Or is that fine for her to do? 

11 hours ago, Gordon R said:

As they discussed the matter it would be "Conspiracy to pervert the course of justice". No chance of any charge against the accusers.

Isn’t this what we suspect the animal extremists of doing? When their allegations reach court, and if the accused are subsequently acquitted, doesn’t that suggest the witnesses for the prosecution have either perjured themselves and/or conspired to pervert the course of justice?