Really large shower tray!

sandspider

Hi Folks

Bit of an unusual one - I'm after a shower tray that is 140 x 120cm. Or possibly 140 x 110cm, or even 140 x 100 in a pinch. But it seems that these aren't standard sizes and I can't seem to find one! Anyone know of a source of larger than average shower trays?!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, millrace said:

I've had a 1400x1.0 in the past you get 2 stage trays up to 2 mtrs+....the size is governed by the door as such...2 stage with glass panels go larger....

Thanks, but I can't find any that size, even searching for 2 stage?

1 hour ago, Dibble said:

you can get quite large walk in type ones. I actually have a spare one, Ill measure it only drawback is I'm in London.

Walk in is fine, it is a walk in shower. Nice one, thanks! Might be able to sort delivery if it would fit, depending how much you'd like for it...?

51 minutes ago, Lord v said:

https://www.bathroomsuppliesonline.com/bette-floor-side-1400-x-1200mm-rectangular/

That's a mahoosive tray though. Just make sure the waste outlet will be in the right place for your connection. 

would a 1400 x 900 really not work? your choices get a lot better.

Ahh, well found! Couldn't find any that size, though at the price of it I think we'd have to go smaller and make do anyway. 1400 x 900 wouldn't fit the second shower hose in, it's a big old shower. 1200 x 1200 could work with some sort of ledge to fill the gap, but bigger would be better... Thanks.

Have a look at "fountain direct" mx minerals trays,,,loads of size options this was just a quick google search,,you need to check door sizes the large doors are very expensive....extra 100mm may be cpl hundred quid more than say a 1200 door you may find 2 stage walk in type using glass panels more cost effective,,thing about doors always buy known brand and always ask if spare parts are available.....

16 hours ago, millrace said:

Have a look at "fountain direct" mx minerals trays,,,loads of size options this was just a quick google search,,you need to check door sizes the large doors are very expensive....extra 100mm may be cpl hundred quid more than say a 1200 door you may find 2 stage walk in type using glass panels more cost effective,,thing about doors always buy known brand and always ask if spare parts are available.....

Thanks, looking into them now. Can't find any big enough yet, but will keep trying. Noted about spare parts etc.

16 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Have you considered doing away with the tray and having a wet room with floor drain.

Yes, this is to replace a wetroom (hence the size), which we can't get more tiles for and which has leaked, so shower tray seems to be a safer option...

15 hours ago, Davyo said:

Mine is a 1400 x900, if you have 2x shower heads just turn the tray round.Id probably go with a wet room.Got my tray of a company in Durham.They had trays up to 2000 x 1000 but the price was mental.

211202019023.jpg

1400 x 900 is one of the standard sizes, you can get bigger than 1400 but the other dimension is always too small, e.g. 1600 x 900. Room layout means rotating the tray won't work, unless we fill the gap with something - which we might have to...

12 hours ago, shalfordninja33 said:

Have a look a genesis trays I’m putting one in that’s 1600x900 at the moment. Under £300.00. 

Cheers, looking into them too. Trouble is, 1600x 900 is still too small on the second dimension, it's hard to find 1400 x 1200 or similar, at least without spending thousands. We may have to make do, then!

have a look on evilbay someone will have what you want in stock  I have gone down this road many times and ended up at source   warehouse  / manufacturer   rather than a  shop  the same product much cheaper      delivered  no dramas 

other than that a wet room   tiled or vinyl  would be a way forward  a bit more on labour but far less on materials  can work out cheaper  and still  look good  

Edited by Saltings