Slim year ahead

getthegat

What with some fields down to grass and now some so wet for so long that the farmer is talking about leaving some to fallow, I'm not hopefully of much shooting this coming season. The best I can hope for is a few days on the one and only rso field and maybe some corvid action when the grass is cut. I've also lost one perm due to a change of farmer that rents said land. On the plus side, the fields have an abundance of birds and animals, especially skylark. One field although more like a marsh, has dozens of these lovely enigmatic song birds, that delight in heading skyward like some tiny, colourful, beautifully tuneful helicopter, hovering like no other, dancing and courting and generally showing off their skills.  We have foxes in a bale stack, that is also the favourite viewing platform for buzzards. Meanwhile my trigger finger itches and Soph has nothing more interesting to retrieve than a frizby and the last outing ended up as a major ramble, carrying nearly all my kit, moving 4 times and getting one woody for 4 hours of effort.