Wild, Thomas Game Boxlock 12 gauge

Wild, Thomas Game Boxlock

£450

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Excellent Condition ASHFORD, Kent
Side by Side, 1/2 Choke, 3/4 Choke, 29" barrels
20200312_002516 20200312_004659 20200312_002720

Description

A fully restored, Hand re-chequered, blued, re-sleeved and serviced piece of English shooting History.

Its a 1939 SbS shotgun which while there are plenty about in grotty condition, this one has been fully checked, nitro proofed and serviced.

Bought it from a gunsmith in November becasue I took a fancy to it while getting another gun of mine restored. However I have only took it out once this year as I have a number of SbS.

It is a very pretty stock, inlaid with buffalo horn and hand restored using old skills that have sympathetically brought it back to life.

Selling it because I have too many guns and would like that someone else uses it, its too pretty to sit in a gun cabinet.

It's realistically priced given its condition and the work put in to restore.

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member Zebadee73. Message them here

View the full article

Thank you guys, the gunsmith (James Reynolds) was restoring my grandfathers 1903 Damascus 12G Hellis when I saw this and bought it off him. The wood is a beauty and the restoration very sympathetic. It isn't terribly flash ie the engraving is a bit rudimentary but then it is a tool and not a plaything which is what I love about it and why it should be used and not stuck in a gun safe.

I have plenty of other photos including the proofing marks, close ups of the breach, barrels and pretty much anything else needed.

32 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Wow another under-priced piece of gun making history, I have one almost identical  but with 3" chambers..what a bargain ..😉  

2 minutes ago, Penelope said:

You know that you need a matching game gun.

Are you on commission?:w00t: